Chapter 2: Watch Where You're Going

I went in my class and dropped all my books down on the floor. nice Chlo, nice.
I groaned and grabbed all the books and stood up while taking a seat. The teacher came in and the whole class stopped talking. Ms. Matthews didn't say a word because we all know we had an exam. I opened my case and took out my pencil as she distributed the papers.

Lunch
After I finished all my tests, I went down the stairs to the canteen to get some food. I got my food and walked down the crowded aisle of people. I passed the popular table, filled with.. popular girls and jocks kissing them all over their faces. Yuck.

I rolled my eyes and continued finding a spot to sit. Glancing around the filled room, I walked and walked, not finding someone just a few feet away because i was hallucinating. I clashed and fell to the floor, with my food all over the ground. I heard a lot of giggles and laughters filled across the room. I opened my eyes and realised i was covered with mashed potatoes all over my face. No wonder.

I grabbed a tissue from the messy red tray filled with spilled soup and other junk. I wiped my eyes and mouth and mumbled 'son of a bitch'.

"I am. So. Sorry." this guy said, basically this guy i bumped into. I can't really see him yet because the damn potatoes are still being wiped off. I finally saw who it was. Ugh, the Nick guy. Great.

"It's fine" I mumbled under my breath. "I'm gonna get another one."

"Nonono, let me get it for you." he said so toneless. What a fuckboy.
"I told you I'm getting them myself." I said as i did a little death glare and walked back to the long line, again.
"Jeez, I was just trying to help." he said as I know he rolled his eyes, I have those senses.
I turned to him and took a deep breath.
"I can do things on my own." I turned back in line. What a bastard.

"Calling me a bastard doesn't make my temper back to normal, you know."

Wait, what?

I turned to look at him, staring at me.
"Did I just say that out loud?"

His face somehow turned blank. He widened his eyes.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

He kept silent and looked down.

"Hello........?" I waved my hands to his face. What a loser.

"Hey, I heard that."

Well shoot.

Wait a minute.. I didn't say that out loud, did I?

I looked at him and he looked at me.

"Whaaa..??" I said.

Okay this conversation is getting weirder.

"Yea, I guess we should go." he said as he spun around.

"STOPPPPPPPP... I didn't say that out loud!!!!!!" I said as he snapped from staring at me so blankly I don't even know of.
"Umm.. "

"What?" I said as I tapped my foot against the marble floor and folding both my arms.

Wait a minute. I just remembered something.

I don't really know what that was about, but I knew it's important.

I took in a deep breath.

"Okay.. I have to talk to you some other time, maybe after the exams?" I said, trying to act as casual as possible.

"Uh yeah, sure." he said as he walked away, but turned back to look at me.

"Wait, can I have your number?" he said, no sweat.
"Sure." I said as I took out one of my student cards from my pocket. Yes, we have one here.

"Thanks." Nick said as he ran towards the crowd and disappeared into thin air.

Poof.

I shrugged my shoulders and went in the line of dread, waiting for the food again.

After school
As usual, we go home after lunch. Unless you're taking extra classes based on yourself and sometimes the schedule. Thats why I'm just almost the same as the stupid kids, but if you're too smart, then the teacher would assign you to take competitions and other shit I swear you don't wanna do.
But since it was the exams, we got free long periods to study.
I walked to my locker and pulled out my bag and my penny board. I closed my locker and headed to the front gate as I skated out and headed home.

At home
I walked upstairs, went in my room, took off my shoes, and jump onto my bed.
"What a day." I said as i stretched.
"So.. how was school?" she said in that curiousity tone.
"It was great, until this guy bumped into me and wrecked my food." I said in a deathly tone and headed to my drawer. I took out a mickey mouse oversized crop top, along with my hot pants. I went to the bathroom and changed in a flash of lightning so I can talk to Scarlet.

"Oooohhh.. a guy i see.." she smirked and I playfully slapped her.

"Gurl, you gotta know I don't like Nick." I said as I grabbed out my books and my headphones from my bag.

"Nick? The giraffe guy?" she said, confused. I laughed. "Yeah, that guy." I sat down on my chair and took my study book on the left side of the desk. I plugged in my headphones to my phone as I unlocked my password, while telling Scarlet about what happened.

After I finished, she looked a bit confused. She shrugged.
"Meh, maybe it's just feelings because you're different than others.. you know what I'm saying."

"Yeah, but what if he is the same as me?" I said as i clicked my pen against the table.

"Then maybe.. look I don't know about your 'culture' thing but just go read a book later on about that. I'm just gonna go outside and play." she went outside and closed the door.

I sighed and agreed to her suggestion. I'll go downstairs after I study.

3 hours later
I was done with all my studies. I closed my book. and turned off the desk light and my mac.
I slipped on my sandals and opened the room door. I went outside and closed it shut, not wanting to disturb Scarlet.

I went downstairs to get just a little snack and went back upstairs. I ate it while scrolling down my instagram home page. After a few minutes, I decided to go downstairs. But as I went down the empty stairs, I started to blur, again.

chloe, be careful..
chloe, be careful..
chloe, watch out..

keep your mind set straight,
before it's too late..