Chapter 3: Smoke Without Fire

I tumbled down the stairs with a loud thud as I reached the ground floor. My head exploded as I heard footsteps approaching me.

"CHLOEEE WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU???ARE YOU OKAY?" Scarlet said as she held my hand and pulled me up.

"Oh umm.. I just stumbled and fell." I can't tell her this. I can't open my mouth.

"Because....?" She sounded suspicious.

"I tripped." I shrugged and told her I will be downstairs.

"Hmm.. okay." she changed to her husky form and sprinted upstairs.

I fixed the wrinkles of my shirt and continued downstairs.

I went to the back door. I opened it and closed it tightly. It was cold outside, so I shivered and spun around, making sure no one was there, and so I took a torch hanging beside the door. I led the fire to a standing rough stone that had a key shape in the middle of it. I took out my necklace, causing my hair to go all tangled with the string. I pressed it to the stone and there appeared a staircase, leading to my, umm.. 'secretive lounge' thing. I made sure no one was there, and then I slowly walked down the staircase.

There were two turns. One for a bedroom and all its junk like a TV, a bed, a wardrobe which I only stored a few clothes, a bathroom, and other stuff you can figure out in a simple bedroom, just in case my house burned down or get robbed or something.
The other turn to the left led to my secret library. It stored all the ancient books I brought and actually found from Clovis. I loved to read, but now I don't. Because you know why? It sucks. I can't concentrate on what's happening because there are more important things than the book.

I scurried my way to the left turn. I opened the old wooden door. It creaked open, and I turned on the lights. It was bright by the shelves, but it gets dimmer by the couch. I used the ladder and climbed up. I climbed up the first 2 wooden flights, then I tried to find the book that held the legend, in fact, story of Clovis. Then, I climbed up another case and grabbed a book about Clovis, again, but this time its more detailed, most about the history, the parts of the land, etc. The book was thick, and it had a hard cover. Yes, okay, I stole it from a library at school back then, no big deal. The title was 'Everything about Clovis'. Yeah okay, the title kinda sucked, but I honestly don't give a shit. That's my favorite book, since it seems all familiar and brings back some of my memories that doesn't make sense these days.

I hopped off and sat down on the beige colored couch. I crossed my legs as I put down 'Everything about Clovis' down on the table as I put down the story book of Clovis on my lap.

I flipped pages, finding nothing helpful.

I groaned as I slammed the book. I stood up and went back upstairs, because I was too sleepy to read the other.

the next day
Friday.
I sat up straight on my bed, making my bed. I went straight to the shower, turning on the hot water, and putting on some clothes. This time I'm wearing a loose grey shirt with black skinny jeans and my white Converse. I grabbed a penny board and skated my way to school. Of course, I had to face the horrible students, but this time, there were only a few. Great, that means I'm early.

I continued skating until I arrived at the most hidden area of the school, the yard. The garden. 'The creepy garden', people say, is haunted. OoOoOoO.. so scaaaaarryyyy.

Pffft, like I care.

Pretty much, okay sometimes, it seems like a very creepy garden where ghosts would sit in those benches, scaring the crap out of people, but I feel like there was something special with this place. Maybe related to Clovis, but that's just a big mistake. Clovis doesn't exist anymore.