Part 26

A/N 

Sorry! I should have updated this along side the one shot, Hold Me Tight and Come Back to Me... but it got a little delayed. I hope you don't mind... Take care always everyone! <I just had to sneak in and publish this before my mom scolds me for staying up too late after sleeping 4am in the morning last mornight(?) Ehe, I'll take my leave now! I'll be back maybe tomorrow or the day after! I love you all~>

P.S Please excuse my mistakes for now. I'll reread this tomorrow and publish the changes for my small mistakes. Mwa hugs. <3

.

.

Soyoung's POV

The next morning, the three of us namely my mother, my uncle and I, are just talking while I peeled some fruits for my mom. I had a mix emotion about this scenario, feeling a little sad that we had to reunite in a hospital, but then again, how do you hide your happiness when you finally found your blood related relatives? 

"Soyoung ah, I'll just head home and get a few change of clothes. You need anything?" Seonju samchon asked but I shook my head with a small smile.

"Most of my belongings are still in my old house." I answered.

"Ahh, right. Sorry." uncle embarrassedly rubbed the back of his neck before smiling. "When do you want to get it?" he asked again, making me fall silent as I think.

"Soyoung ah... are you mad at them?" My mom asked beside me, taking my hand in hers. "You told me yourself that they took care of you and didn't treat you bad... Is there something wrong? You don't want to go back there?" She asked, seeing through me.

"Why did they have to lie?" I asked thin air, not expecting my mom to answer.

"Maybe they were just looking for the right time--"

"What if they told me too late and I wasn't able to be by your side through these though times?! How do you think I'll let myself live if I knew I wasn't beside you when you were in your most painful days?"

"Soyoung ah," My mom started tearing up. "I thought you'd hate me for leaving you... I didn't expect this."

I looked at her, my eyes building up tears in them as I thought of Mimi.

"I didn't have the time to hate you mom." I said, letting out a small breath and a bitter smile. "How could I hate you when I know you're in a hospital and your life might be on the line? How can I spend these precious time hating you?" I asked and my mom teared up, closing her eyes as she nodded softly. "I wanted to hate you, I wanted to be mad at you, but I couldn't do that because I was worried of you... Blood is thicker than water. And besides..." I heaved in a deep breath. "Parents don't just abandon their child for no reason. I've actually, taken care of a child who we thought was abandoned, but actually... they didn't abandon her. All they were thinking about was their child's safety so I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were one of those people." I answered.

"You've become such a warm and smart woman, love." My mom said, pulling me into her arms as I hugged her. "I know that even right now, you're mad at them for deceiving you, but deep in your heart, you know you love them." she whispered near my ears, making those building up tears in my eyes fall down. 

It was true.

No matter how much I felt left out somehow, I did everything I could to receive the love I was yearning from them, to receive the love I have for them. I was so happy when my foster mom told me that she wants to make things right make up for the times she had favored my brother more than me.