Chapter 2

Wow, I'm going on a date with him. I don't know whether or not to be excited or scared...but right now I'm feeling both. I actually can't wait. Already deciding what I'm gonna wear tonight.  I never been this excited for a date. Is that weird? I don't care I'm happy. It's already 6:30. Couple more hours till I'm having dinner with him. I'm trying to hurry and go home so I can get dressed. I finish up and clock out. I hurry home and through my keys on the couch and jumped in the shower. I got dressed and sat there waiting for him. Twenty minutes go by and he still isn't here. I'm not gonna let it bother me. Then it turned from twenty minutes to and hour. I started getting upset; so I went upstairs and changed into my sweats and tank top and go to sleep. 

It was midnight, the doorbell rang. I jumped up and went to go see who it was. It was N. He looked like hell. I told him to come in and sit down and relax. I asked him,

" N, what happened?"

He answered,

" I was on my way over here and I saw this guy walking and he looked like he was hurt because he was walking funny. I stopped the car and got out to see if he needed help and as soon as I get out; he pulls a gun out and points it at me and says " Gimme your keys!"....."

As he's telling his story I thought to myself that I can't be mad at him...it wasn't his fault...I continued to listen to him...

"...I didn't hesitate, I gave it to him and he took my car....I walked all the way over here to tell you what happened and now I'm gonna walk home or catch a bus. I'm sorry I was late."

I looked at him and i said,\

" No worries love, I'm just glad that your okay. Just relax I'm gonna go get you a blanket and a pillow because your not walking home. We will go to the police department in the morning." 

I turned around and walked to the closet and got the blanket and pillow. As soon as I turned around he was standing right there and he said,

" You don't need to do that, I can walk home. It's fine." 

I looked at him and said,

" You did me a favor by driving me home because you didn't want me walking. Now it's my turn to return the favor."

He smiled and took the stuff from my hand. I noticed that he was walking funny. I went to him and gently touched his shoulder.

" You okay? You're walking funny.."

I starred at me and said,

" No actually....i ran all the way over here and i fell really hard and my back hurts.."

I looked at him and I can tell that he wasn't feeling alright and that he was in pain. Then I asked him,

" Do you mind if i look at your back to see if it's okay?" 

Without hesitation he took off his jacket  and pulled up his shirt. I starred at his back and see the mark where he fell. I trace it gently with my finger. I feel him shiver a little, I stop and say,

" Yeah there's a big mark going down your back. Let me clean it up for you,then you can lay down." 

He smiles and i go and get a wet towel and clean it up. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I finished and pulled his shirt down.

" Done."

He smiles 

" Thank you"

I smile and say,

" Your welcome love"

He lays down and gets comfortable and he slowly drifts off to sleep. Before he was fully asleep he says 

" Goodnight beautiful."

Then he's fast asleep, I smiled at him and just starred at him for a quick second and said,

" Goodnight love." 

Then I headed upstairs and went to sleep.