Chapter 52 [Julie & Liam]

[JULIE]:

1 1/2 WEEKS LATER...

The concert is in 3 days! I couldn't believe it! I was gonna go on tour with One Direction. They made me choose 5 songs to sing and well, I chose 3 pop songs and 2 songs from Broadway. I decided to go with "Heart Attack" by Demi Lovato, "Edge Of Glory" by Lady Gaga, "Defying Gravity" from Wicked, "On My Own" from Les Mis and the last song I picked out was "Mary's Song" by Taylor Swift.

Liam actually helped me pick that. He said it told us the story of our lives. It was sweet so I agreed. I was nervous about how the fans might react about me being the opening act but I calmed down when Liam showed me what Directioners trended on twitter: #WeWantJulieOn1DTour. I smiled at it. I guess they learned to accept me now.

I was really excited and we (me and the boys) finished our qualifying exams last Monday so we can come back as sophomores this September. I was really glad that I get to go on tour, but there was something bothering me. it's been bothering me since Liam asked me to go on tour with them. It's like something's missing. I don't know what it is but it really makes me feel so broken.

"Julie?", Nessy called as I snapped back to reality. "Huh?", I said. "Are you okay?", she asked. I nodded. "Of course!", I said. Although, it felt weird. "Really?", she said. I nodded. "What did I say before I called your name?", she asked. Damn. "Um," I started to think of an excuse. "You told me that you can't believe that you're gonna be here all alone since I'm leaving for Scotland with boys for the tour after London."

She shook her head. "NO," she said. "I asked if you wanted a sandwhich." Damn it. "Oh," I said. She sat beside me. "I'm your Best Friend," she said. "tell me what's wrong." I sighed. "Something feels weird," I said. "it's like a huge part of me is missing, and I don't know what it is." Nessy nodded.

"You're just nervous about the tour, Jules...", she said. "You're worried since it's your first time. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Alex and I will be in front to support you." I smiled and nodded. "I guess," I started. "I really was just nervous." She chuckled. "Well," she said. "don't be." I nodded and thanked her. "Feel better now?", she asked.

"Yeah," I answered but I was lying. I wasn't feeling better at all. I don't know what's wrong with me but it's making me feel so broken.

*********************************************************************************************************************

[LIAM]:

"Thank you," I told the lady in the cafe as i walked out with coffee in my hand. I was on my way to Julie's room when I ran into Shirley. "Hi Liam!", she chirped. "Um," I said. "hi." She looked Barbier than usual. "I really can't believe that Watson Who---Julie is going on tour with you guys," she smirked. I had to keep calm. She was about to call Julie "Watson Whore" again.

"Well, she is going on tour with us.", I snapped. "She's really talented and she has a bright future ahead of her." The smirk on her face disappeared but she managed to recompose herself again. "But doesn't it bother you?", she asked. "What?", I countered her question.

"Julie's throwing away her dream just to go on tour with you guys," she said. "I mean, come on! Everyone knows how bad she wants to be Elephant in Witchcraft--" I cut her off. "Elphaba in Wicked," I corrected. "Whatever," she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, doesn't it bother you that she's throwing away something as amazing as Wicked because of you?"

The moment she said that, it felt like someone just stabbed me in my heart. Shirley had a point. All this time, I was being selfish. I just realized so much now that the tour's in 3 days. Julie's not gonna be in some stage in New York City, she'll be in O2 Arena singing covers of songs and travelling with us. She's doing that because I asked her to, not because she wants to. I didn't notice her happiness because I was too busy focusing on my own happiness. She's throwing away Wicked because of me, the selfish, arrogant prick who made her turn down something she's been dreaming of since we were little.

I didn't say anything else to Shirley. I just stormed off before she could make me feel a lot worse. Shirley didn't have an effect on me. It was her words. And how is that possible? 'cause she was right. I was too dense to see that Julie was broken the moment she threw Wicked away.

And all that I could think of that moment was, if Julie's hurting... then I have to find a way to make it stop..

*********************************************************************************************************************

Julie was in so much misery and I was the cause of it. Shame on me. Shirley was right. I broke Julie the moment she threw Wicked away. Now, she's going on tour with us even though I know she wants to go on another tour that goes all Broadway and stuff. That's her world.

"Mate," Niall said. "What are you gonna about it?" I shrugged. The lads and I gathered around the living room, discussing my problem. "What did Shirley say exactly?", Louis asked. "She said that it was a shame that Julie was throwing away something as amazing as Wicked because of me.", I answered. "That bitch," I heard Harry mutter.

"So... you think Julie wants to accept the role in Broadway but," Zayn theorized. "you're holding her back because you want her to stay?" I nodded. The lads were silent. "She doesn't want to admit it," I said. "but I know she's not happy and I know it's killing her that Vanessa Hudgens got the role."

"I have to do something about it," I added. "she needs to have her own happiness to. I'd probably hurt myself if she ever does something that she regrets." The lads looked at each other. "You know," Zayn said. "they say that 'If you love someone, set them free. If it's meant to be, then it'll come back."

"Are you trying to say that I should let Julie go and take that role?", I asked. The lads shrugged. "I'm asking you to do what you think is right," Zayn answered. "What do you think would be the right thing to do?"

I thought about Zayn's words. I had to do the right thing. Julie deserves to be happy. She doesn't deserve to be miserable just because I want her to be with me all the time. She doesn't wanna admit it but she knows in her heart what she wants. I know it too, and I have to do this because I love her.

I love her, but I don't want to let her go.