Chapter 4

• Dedicated to To my family who will always come first

 Hours Spent In Car: 7 hrs 27 mins

Days: 7 days

Places Visited: 3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilsons Prom was awesome. We crammed so many things in those last few days. We went on a koala hunt in the beautiful eucalyptus forests and spotted a few koalas, we walked so many walking tracks around the national park and saw heaps of kangaroos except they are not kangaroos they are swamp wallabies according to Xavier and we even found an echidna as we hiked through one of the many lush green valleys. We discovered a few secluded beaches with rock pools full of marine life. And of course we visited the famous squeaky beach with its white, quartz sand which makes a squeaky like noise when you walk across it.

After visiting that place I can’t wait to see the rest of Australia.

We spent last night in a caravan park very similar to the last one at Lakes Entrance which is the waterfront town on the edge of the Bass Straight. There wasn’t much to do there but chill at the beach and some stupid bridge which is apparently the oldest wooden Bridge still standing in Australia.

Wow...a really old bridge...that’s amazing...

Now we are all in the car once again on our way to Snowy River. Xavier hasn’t shut up for the last hour about the assignment he did on the poem ‘The man from Snowy River’.

“You know it was written by Banjo Patterson.”

“Shut up already...we don’t care.” Aden groans.

“Fine.” Xavier says hurt. “They also made a TV Series...”

“Xavier.” I yell.

“And a movie.” He adds.

“Shut up.” We all yell.

“Okay okay.”

He goes silent and everyone relaxes. Except for me. I have Corey and Heath on either side of me while Romeo and Ben are sitting at the front of the car. The back of the car is so packed with stuff that I am literally jammed between the two boys. It’s like 28 Degrees outside so even though they are amazingly hot boys I am still not comfortable. I feel my face getting hotter as I try and fan myself with my hand.

“Are we to hot to handle Nic?” Heath says grinning.

I roll my eyes. Me and hot weather do not mix well so I am in a grumpy mood.

“How much longer?” I whine.

“About 40 minutes.” Ben replies from the front seat.

I sigh and pull my tank top from my stomach as it starts to stick to me from my sweat.

“It’s so hot in here.” I moan.

“Sorry but I can’t leave.” Corey says smirking.

I give him a dirty look.

He is really pissing me off now.

He laughs then a minute later pulls off his shirt. And just like that a chain reaction occurs as one by one every guy slides off his top. I smile to myself and my mood lightens slightly.

Can we take the scenic route?

***

“What?” I yell in a sooky voice. A few campers look over at me as If I was some suck up girly girl.