Chap 8. She's Got a Date

3 Months Later

I woke up, happy that the first day of Summer break has started. I could hear birds chirping, see the sun shining, and the summer scent fill my nose. A smile growing on my face as I jumped out of bed to go to Elsa's. I turned to the clock on the wall, and saw it was just 9:30. I promised to meet her at 10.

I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. I hurriedly ran down the stairs, and went to the kitchen for a snack.

"You're awfully excited today." I heard my mom say. I turned to her with a smile and nodded.

"First day of Summer, mom! I can't believe the day is finally here." I cheered. She chuckled.

"Where are you headed in such a hurry?" She asked, sipping a cup of coffee.

"Elsa's house. I promised to meet her this morning."

"Ah. Well, have fun." I nodded and quickly got out of the kitchen, and headed for the door.

"He totally likes her." I heard my mom say to herself before I got out. I rolled my eyes. Parents.

I got into my car, and started the engine. I heard my phone get an alert. I checked it, and saw a text from Elsa.

From: Elsa Arendelle

Message: Dude, are you coming? :l

I chuckled at the emoticon she used and texted back.

To: Elsa Arendelle

Message: Yeah, I'm on my way right now. Don't rush me. :l

I smiled, putting his phone away and started driving. On my way there, I started thinking about what my mom had said. Did I like Elsa?

The thought never came to me ever since the day I really started talking to her. But why did I start talking to her in the first place? Oh, right. Coffee shop. No, I met her at the coffee shop.

Let's see. I started talking to her because... Hmmm... But why did I start talking to her? I thought of the moment I saw her. She was like some average teenager at a coffee shop getting homework done. But I thought of some reasons why I noticed her.

Well, she was pretty-- No... Gorgeous.

She had those amazing eyes that I could just stare into, forever...

Had I really noticed her because of her looks? She was stunning, yeah. But looks can be different from personality. I can't really say that with her, though. She was beautiful inside and out.

Maybe I did like her? I don't know. These are my feelings I'm talking about. I think I need some advise. From other guys.

Thanks to Elsa, I got another new friend. His name is James. Going to contact him later, I guess.

I arrived at Elsa's house and went towards the door. Before I could knock, she had opened the door and pulled me in.

"Oh my gosh, Hiccup! I need you're help-- I'm so glad you came here on time. Come on, follow me!" She squealed. Yep, she's a squealer.

I followed her to her room, while greeting her family who were in the kitchen.

She had a small bowl of brownies at her nightstand. I grabbed one and sat on the bed.

"Okay, Hiccup. Guess what!" She said, closing her door.

"Um, you called me over for nothing?" I joked, putting the brownie in my mouth.

"Ugh. No. I have a date!" She said, and jumped up and down.

I nearly choked on the brownie and looked at her with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"I have a date!" She repeated. I felt something in my chest. Like I was hit with a sledgehammer. I don't know this feeling growing inside of me.

"With who?" I said, getting a bit confused.

"This guy name Josh. Eek! He is gorgeous! Plus, really smart!" She said, and ran into the closet. I felt... Kind of hurt. But wanted to be happy for her. What was this strange feeling? Then I suddenly realized. It was jealousy. Why am I jealous, though?

"And why do you need me, again?" I asked. She cam out of the closet wearing a floral dress and her hair up in a bun.

"To help me choose an outfit. Duh." She gave me a duh look. "How do I look in this one?" She asked.

"Not bad, but not good either." I answered honestly. She nodded and went back in the closet. She came out a couple minutes later wearing jean shorts with a simple white shirt.

"Well, how about this?" She asked, posing.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Too casual and simple."

She groaned and went back in.

"Why are you asking me, anyways? I know nothing about date outfits." I protested.

"Because you're my best friend and you would know what looks good on me." SHe answered from the closet. I rolled my eyes and sat back. She came back out wearing teal jeans and a pink jacket over a black tank top. "Is this nice?"

I nodded my head and gave her a smile. "Perfect! Now, where are you going on this date?"

"We're getting froyo. I can't wait!" She said and walked over to her vanity to do her hair. I rolled my eyes playfully, but I still felt a tiny bit jealous. Of what? I don't even know.

Was I jealous that Elsa has a date, and that date wasn't me?