Chap 1. She's Just Sitting There

~Hiccup's Point of View

I was bored to death. There was seriously, nothing to do except lay in bed and breathe.

Hm. A trip to the coffee shop wouldn't be so bad...

I got my wallet and started heading out the door.

There was a local coffee shop called Coffee Delights, I haven't been there. It's what they call the teen hangout. I honestly, don't like being around the same people I see outside of school. They are disgusting and incredibly dumb.

Harsh... I know. But seriously, I'm not wrong.

I got in my car and started driving.

~At Coffee Delights

I walked into Coffee Delights and the door bell rang.

"Hello, sir! Welcome to Coffee Delights! What'd you need?" The cashier asked enthusiastically.

"Oh, um, an iced coffee... I guess."

"Okay, what is your name?" She said as she typed something into the computer-like machine.

"Hiccup. How much?" I answered.

"2.50, sir."

I grabbed my wallet and handed her the money while mumbling a 'Thank you'.

"Well sir, you can go ahead and sit anywhere you'd like while we make your coffee."

I looked around and most tables were empty. It was not very busy in the morning, I guess.

My eyes stopped on one girl, with white-ish blonde hair. She wore regular dark skinny jeans and a white laced top. She was on her MacBook typing and sipping coffee. She had a book next to her MacBook and was smiling at what was on the screen.

She looks quite interesting... And she was just sitting there, alone.

I headed towards her and plopped down on the seat next to hers. She gave me a look and then spoke.

"May I help you?" She said with a cheery voice, but was trying to keep a smile on her face.

"Heh, actually, no. But I would like to know your name." I said giving a smile, also.

"Why so?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"Just... Well, you look interesting. I want to know who you are. There's really no particular reason, hehe..." I said feeling a little nervous.

"You're funny. Well, okay. First-- What is your name?" She said leaning in, like she was getting intrigued by me.

"Hiccup!" The cashier said loudly.

"Excuse me. I have to get my coffee." I stood up and gave her a small wink and headed towards the cashier for my coffee.

I grabbed the cup, thanking the cashier again and went back to the table with the girl.

"Well, that answered my question. So your name is Hiccup?" She said curiously.

"Yeah, funny name-- I know." I said with a chuckle.

"It's... It's cute." She said with a big smile.

"My name is Elsa, by the way. Elsa... Elsa Arendelle." She said.

"Hiccup, Hiccup Haddock. Elsa, what an original name." I said.

"Not as original as Hiccup, honey." She said giggling.

"Haha, yeah. So what's up? What cha doing here?" I asked her.

"I'm writing a book report for this book and drinking coffee. It's nice and peaceful here, I could never get it done with my sister around." She said as she showed me the book and smiled.

"Oh, cool! What school do you go to? I don't think I've seen you at mine." I asked.

"Northeast High." She answered.

"Southeast High..." I said, sighing.

"Oy, you're our rivals! Heh, it's okay. We're friendly with each other, now. Right?" She said with a grin.

"Yeah... Want to be friends? I mean, you seem really nice. I would like to get to know you better." I said, shyly.

"Of course. Why not? Oh, and here..." She said as she scribbled something on a piece of notebook paper. She handed me the paper and I looked at it.

Her number... Cool.

"I have to go home, I'll see you around? Bye, Hiccup." She winked and headed out the door.

"Bye! I'll see you around, hopefully..."

I really don't know who she is, where she's from, or anything. I just know her name.

Her smile, it just caught my attention.

She was just sitting there, with an empty seat next to her.

I had to know her more.