Do What You Want With My Life

Cute couple.

One old man thought with creepy grin on his face.

If the king knew, he is dancing with the murderer.

Then, he went on the balcony. He waited for right time and that time has come.

Lena went on balcony to breathe fresh air. She looked around and noticed the man looking at her. She has recognized him right away.

"We meet again." he smiled at her.

"Yes." she stayed calm.

"I came to tell you the details."

"Then tell me and get lost. We do not want to be seen with each other, do we?." Lena looked him in his dangerous eyes.

"Your target is Count Ryouta from Kise family, but wait till next month. I do not want to risk somebody suspecting me." he looked at her.

"Count? Kise Ryouta is the king not a mere Count!"

"I expect you to do it quietly."

"Are you expecting me to kill the king?" Lena was really surprised. Yeah, she had prayed to kill him before, but now after this night, she has seen him differently. He was a man for her, strong and he was able to protect her and everyone in this country. But then she lowered her head. It is just her imagination. He can not protect anything, not from her.

"So, will you do it?" he asked impatiently.

She only nodded.

He victoriously smiled at her and left.

Lena held her head in her hands. She was quite sad.

"Countess Lena!" Ryouta shouted and hurried to her.

Lena looked at him with sad eyes.

"Why are you sad?" he asked.

"I feel sad."

"Yeah, I noticed, but why?" he questioned her once again.

"It sucks!"

"What?" he was surprised by her outburst.

"It sucks to feel sad. I do not like to feel this emotions. Why? I was fine when I was not there. I was living alone, I could decide about my future. I could think only about myself, but now? Now, I think about you. About your commands, about your needs, about your wishes! I feel sad about you. I worry about you! I care about you and I do not like it at all!!!" she screamed.

He watched her with widened eyes. Ryouta did not know how to stop her.

"I would feel better without you!" she shouted.

Ryouta felt shocked. He did not want to hear her saying this. He came near to her and hugged her. "Please, do not say, you will leave me, please not even you." he whispered.

Lena was in shock too. She did not hugged him back, but she felt her heart melt. She did, fell in love with Ryouta. Every duty, his every command, seeing him every day made her realize, she was watching him and she felt differently about him. She loves him. She felt a big hole in the place, where her heart should be.

He loosened his grip on her.

"I am sorry." she whispered, turned around and left him in a quick pace.

Ryouta stood there dumbfounded. His heart has astringent feelings. He watched her back with sadness. He could not believe, she has just left him alone. He was confident with his look and his charm, he thought no woman can resist him, but she has just left.

Lena was really something different. She was special for him. He could see that she is affected by him, but she refused her own feelings.

He weakly smiled. She was like water; you can not capture her, she will pour through your fingers away. Ryouta could have just hoped, she will decide to stay with him and he wished for that.

***

Lena run along the halls and corridors to her room. She was surprised by her feelings and she could not accept it, she is feeling this way towards the king.

She arrived to her room breathless. She undressed herself and put on some black clothes.

Lena decided to do her job now even if the man said her to wait till next month. She cannot be there any longer. She did not want to fall in love even more with Ryouta.

She prepared her small katana and waited for right time.

***

The ball has ended and everybody went home or to guest's rooms to rest for the next day.

Ryouta went to his bedroom too. He was thinking about his whole day and the most about his time with Lena. He was worried and happy at the same time.

Then he fell asleep.

Lena did not wait for him to fall asleep more to his deep sleep. She was impatient and she wanted to have this over soon. She did not like her heart to beat this hard. It was too painfull.

She jumped on the bed and she bowed above the Ryouta's head and body. She put the blade of her katana on his neck, then she stopped. She was looking at him.

Ryouta was sleeping peacefully.

Lena closed her eyes and was prepared to do it, undercut his neck.

Suddenly, his eyes shot open, he stared at her wierdly. "What are you trying to do?" he asked.

"Kill you." she replied stoically.

"Why?" He asked again with widened eyes.

"Because I was hired to do that."

"Who was it? Who betrayed me?" he was calm now too. He thought about it and it will not be that bad to die by hands of his love.

"The man, who was at the ball. He had the black tuxedo with gold buttons and counsel's degree."

"Duke Akijou? But he is my personal counsel! It can not be him! Why would he do that?" he asked.

"I do not care about his reasons. He has just hired me to kill you."

"So, why am I not dead already?"

Lena's eyes widened by his statement.

"Do you want to die so badly?"

Ryouta thought about it for a while. "Ehm, it was not so long ago if I told you 'Yes, please kill me, because I do not have any reason to keep on living.' But now, the only reason, why I want to live, wants to kill me, because of her job, so I will say 'It is up to you. You have my life in your hands. Do what you want with it.' " he looked into her eyes. But he did not see any danger, he saw the girl he loved.

"So? What are you going to do?" his voice was loud enough to resonate through the whole room.