one - ella

" Ella! Mom needs help with the groceries." Said my younger sister, Joanna.

"Okay, I'm coming." I replied.

I ran down the stairs and outside to help my mother. "Hey, mom." I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Hi, honey."

I was about to engage in a conversation with her, but of course I was interrupted by her phone ringing. "Hi, Hank." Oh, my father. Lately they've been arguing about my dad not coming around me and Joanna. He's made excuses like, "I'm having car trouble.", or, "I'm too busy at work.", but we all know he's busy with his girlfriend. Now, I have no problem with her, it's him I have the problem with.

I take the groceries inside and put them away. "What do you mean you met a girl?" My sister and her boyfriend, Riley, are always having problems, I don't know why they're still together. "Why would you even need to talk to another girl?!" Joanna basically screamed before leaving the kitchen. Once I was done putting the groceries away I went up to my room and changed my clothes so I can go for a walk. I put my hair up and put on a hoodie and leggings, grabbed my headphones, walked down the stairs and out the door. "Where are you going?" Joanna called after me. "For a walk!" I yelled back. "Ooh, I'll come with you." Ugh. I love my sister, but she always wants to tag along and it gets really annoying.

"So, what's up with you and Riley?" I asked once she caught up with me.

"He was at a party last night and he met some girl, and apparently they had some interesting conversation and I guess they're best friends now." She told me.

"So, he has a friend. What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Well, he posted like three pictures of them on Instagram last night. He probably likes her more than he likes me." She sounds so sad.

"Aw." I said pulling her into a hug. "If he does, then he's a dumbass."

"Yeah, you're right." She said pulling out of the hug.

"Hey!" We heard someone yell from a distance. We both turned around quickly to see who it was.

"Is that Jesse Owen?" I asked Joanna.

"I think so." Jesse Owen is this guy I had a huge crush on in ninth grade, he was in tenth. He was the first guy I ever kissed, ever had sex with and we dated for about a month and a half and then I realized how much of an asshole he was and I dumped him. Joanna actually knows him better than I do because he's Riley's best friend.

"Hey, Jo." He said, completely ignoring me. "Hey, Jesse." I said trying to get his attention.

"Oh, hey Ella." Wow he actually remembered my name. See, me and Jesse haven't talked since we broke up. I don't even know that much about him. "So, where are you guys going?" He asked.

"We're just walking around, you wanna join us?" Why, Joanna why? I just wanted to have a nice peaceful walk alone.

"No, I can't. I just wanted to say hey." Yay.

"Oh, where are you off to?" Just let the boy go, Joanna.

"Oh I'm going with my parents to pick up my brother from military school." Wait, his brother? What was his name? Tim? Harry? Toby?

"What was he doing in military school?" I was genuinely interested.

"He was getting into a lot of trouble in school and then he started getting into drugs and my parents just got tired of it." He explained. "You remember him right, El?" He asked.

"Not really."

"Well, he remembers a lot about you." What's that supposed to mean? "Alright well, I gotta go.
Bye, girls." He said and walked back to his house.

"Do you know his brother?" I asked Joanna. "Not really. I do remember last year when he overdosed on oxycodone at some party and his parents just didn't want him around anymore." She explained.

"Well I hope he's changed." I said. I don't know why I was so interested in this guy.

-
This was really hard to write so idk hope u liked it. I know it's short so each chapter I'm gonna try to write another 100 words than the chapter before if that makes sense.

Also I take a while to update because I have to be in a specific mood when I write so bare with me.

♡♡♡♡♡♡