Bayern Bye-Bye

Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.  -Muhammad Ali

ADALINE'S P.O.V: 

Bah. They're still nil nil. For you all people who don't know, it means that none of them have scored a goal. My tired grayish blue eyes grow heavy, though Bayern battles fiercely, Manuel Neuer's wonderful saves and the rest's flawless game and skills.

I look around. Fans begin to pull out their phones, taking selfies and whatnot. I groan and look straight ahead.

But for some reason I keep my eyes on the opposite goal, Marc Andre Ter Stegen is there. Focused and determined, his sharp blue eyes keep on the ball, telling the rest what to do.

What! Why an I even thinking about him! He's from the enemy team, so why think about him...? But his smile, oh his smile. What even-- Suddenly the crowd goes wild. I perk up and watch Robert Lewandowski swoosh past the defenders and confronts Marc Andre, who looks a bit nervous.

Robert shoots straight to the angle, scoring a perfect goal. Bayern fans screech as well as me, getting up. Robert celebrates with Thomas and Mario, smiling broadly.

I smile as well and sit back. I guess this won't be so difficult, though they have to be careful. Neymar, Messi and Suarez are dangerous. But Marc Andre's frustrated face keeps stamped on my mind.

What the what! He's not even in our team... However, the next round starts when the referee's whistle blows. My eyes are sharp on the ball. I'm not playing, but I guess I could if I were a boy. The Cules pass the ball to each other, gliding through their long, strong legs.

Danger! Messi approaches the goal, and I don't see much defending.
"No!" I yowl, getting up. Messi tries to shoot but Manuel keeps it from getting in. Yes! But Neymar is there... And boom. He tops off the ball, scoring.
Bayern fans groan while Barça fans scream in unison.

Bah! The loudspeaker announces that it is 5 more minutes, or else there will be a penalty shootout. I swallow. I hate pen shootouts. Both teams battle fiercely for the ball but it's no use.

Finally the ending whistle is blown, and we all lean back nervously. Both teams walk back to their coaches grudgingly.
I actually take off my gloves to bite my nails, a nasty habit of me, nervousness. A coin is flipped, and Barça gets to shoot first.

When they finally settle down, the first pen will be shot by Ivan Rakitic, the Croatian. There is a moment of slight silence and he shoots. Manuel tosses himself to a side, barely missing. I exhale, relieved. Ivan sighs, exasperated and walks back to his team. They pat his back and cheer him up though. Bayern fans celebrate, as well as the squad.

Bayern's turn. To our relief, Arjen shoots the next pen and scores. I squeal in excitement and jump up and down, I also catch a glimpse of Marc Andre's exasperated face. Ignoring it, the match goes on.

Barça chooses Andres Iniesta to shoot the next pen. Boom, one goal, we're 1-1. Ugh! I bite my nails and worriedly look around. Both squads were quite nervous. Our turn, Mario Götze gets to take the third pen. Yes! He scores, a perfect angle goal. 2-1. Okay. We're good so far.

Barça, now things get ugly. Gerard Pique gets to take the next pen. And as swift as he gets in, a goal is scored. I let out an impatient cry and bite my lip. 2-2. Now it is Bayern's turn, and Xabi Alonso gets to take the pen.

He shoots and gives a perfect swerve, scoring a goal. Ha! Take that, Barça! They all stay cool. How strange, I don't think this will end well. These are the semifinals of the UEFA Champions League, and we managed to get to the very top. If we win in this shootout, we get to play against Juventus. They are good also.