Unexpected Encounter

They told me that to make her fall in love I had to make her laugh, but every time she laughs I'm the one who falls in love.  -Unknown

MARC'S P.O.V;

I only live a few blocks from the Müller residence, and the vast woodlands that separate our houses isn't far now. I drive from my house to the woodlands, out to take a midday stroll. I get in, where a parking place is. As I get out, I notice faint rustling sounds of leaves. Everything's so quiet, so calm. The wind blows gently at my face and I raise my look. The looming forest stands before me, making me feel way small.

I sigh and close my car's door, walking in as the forest floor awaits me. I don't see much of exotic fauna in here, except a few birds, squirrels and probably one or two deer. I bite my lower lip as I wander deeper, placing my hands on my back. I breathe in the damp forest smell and exhale.

The sun is pretty much covered by the towering trees above me, though some rays actually pass through the leaves to the floor. I like taking strolls on the German forest, and the mountains are not far. I trudge in, the birds' song echoing in my ears. I glance back at my car and walk away in a huff.

Now I'm deep in the forest, lost in nature. I look up, drunk in sunlight and sigh, relaxed. So peaceful and quiet, I love this. Suddenly I hear a crunch of leaves. Bah! Awoken from my own spiritual daydream, thank you so much! Irritated, I shake my head and scan the clearing. Out of nowhere, Adaline Müller smacks the back of my head with a frying pan. An explosion of stars hits me and everything turns black.

As I wake up, I see curious grayish blue eyes gazing at me. Panicked, I try to stand up but a stab of pain hits me. I groan and grab the back of my head.
"Oh my God you're awake. Good." A female voice murmurs worriedly. I fixate my look on a strawberry blonde girl. Adaline.

"Hey. Where am I?" I ask, looking at her with disdain. She fiddles with her scarf.
"Uh. I kind of thought you were a delinquent... Or some terrorist... And I hit you with a frying pan." She explains guiltily. I muster a soft smile.
"It's okay. Reminds me of Rapunzel." I say sympathetically. She lifts her gaze and smiles. There's a moment of peaceful quiet.

"That's true. But I'm so sorry, really. Hey..." She says, narrowing her eyes and raising her hand, pointing straight at my nose.
"You're Marc Andre!" She says, taken aback. I nod.
"Apparently." I say courteously, getting  up. Adaline smiles sweetly.
"Ready for the Euro League?" She asks, pacing the floor. I nod wildly.
"Can't wait. But I have to get to the Champions League final." I answer, anticipating the huge event.
"Huh. Good luck." She mutters, kicking the fallen leaves. Out of nowhere, she turns her sweet gaze into an accusing glare.
"You stopped my brother's penalty!" She snarls, pointing at my face.
"You hit me with a frying pan!" I counter, pointing at my head, emphasizing my sentence.
She glowers at me, the rays of sunlight flickering on her long lovely hair.
"Fine, we're square." Adaline growls. I laugh and nudge her lightly. She raises her look and offers me a light smile.
"So... You're playing against Juventus?" Adaline asks, fiddling with her hands. I nod and place a hand on my neck.
"But I don't think I'm good enough. I probably won't get chosen, I'm no match for Claudio Bravo." I say grimly, drooping my face. Since I'm quite good at this pity party, Adaline gives me a warm look and raises my chin.
"I... I personally think you're better." She says shyly, looking me in the eye.
I blush slightly. Wow, that was sincere.

"Thank you, Adaline." I say, trying to hide my smile. The strawberry blonde returns the smile and gives me a soft pat on the shoulder.

"So. Mr. Guardiola said that he'll drive us to Frankfurt to the Deutscher Fußball Bund Stadium. And so the final is only three days away, and it's on Berlin. So if we finish training, we could drive you there." Adaline says, her porcelain skin reflecting the sunlit forest. I process what she just said, and nod. Completely understood.
"Got it. So now... I'll just go home. But... I could walk you home?" I offer aimlessly, biting my lip. Adaline raises her look.
"That would be lovely. I'll convince my mom and the rest of the team if you can stay... Hopefully Thomas isn't rancorous with anyone, I think." She says guiltily. I shake my head. 

"No, it's fine I think. I know him." I lie, clenching my fists. Adaline nods quietly. She clears her throat.
"Let's go, Adi." I daresay her nickname. She stiffens lightly and nods. I can see a tinge of pink in her perfectly carved cheekbones.
As we walk away, I keep smiling to myself. I think I've started to catch feelings for Adaline.