Chapter 4

Louis' POV:
And sometimes you held somebody's hand just to prove that you were still alive and that another human being was there to testify to that fact.
~Rainbow Rowell

These past few months that I've been here I have felt dead. I've felt like I had no air, like I'm walking through these four walls and no one even notices me. It's not that that's bothering me, not being noticed has never been the problem. Feeling dead to myself, now that's the problem. So having Harry hold me that night it felt like I belonged somewhere. For once, when he held me it felt like I had found my place in this world. It felt like I had finally escaped the insisting mother and the needy sister. It felt as if as soon as he let me go I would literally die. That night, all my feelings for him were so authentic. That night he swore to me we would talk the next morning, an he kept his word. Since it was Saturday morning and it was raining like crazy, like that one scence in Bewitched, neither of us were planning to go out anywhere. That worked out to my advantage. If I thought I knew Harry, believe me when I say that I really, genuinely met him that day.

*flashback to rainy Saturday morning*

Louis: I know I was drunk last night but you promised me something and I'm waiting for it now.

Harry: I know Lou. *grabs his desk chair and points at Louis then the other chair to sit across from him* lets talk.

Louis: no, styles. You're slog the talking. I told you how I felt and now it's your turn.

Harry: Zayn and I moved here because I was getting picked on. I was getting death threats, Lou. Bloody death threats!!

Louis: Harry, wha-
*harry cuts him off*

Harry: no, I don't need your pity. Just shut up and listen. Nod if you're okay with that or else I won't continue. *louis nods* okay, good. Well I had a crush on this boy and I used to write about it in a journal, things I wanted to say and do; to and for him. One day I got up and left my journal on my desk and someone took it. Well they gave it to him. He read it and then he kept giving it to everyone else in the school. By the end of the day everyone who was anyone knew about it. *louis has tears running down his face* no, Louis I don't need your pity.

By the time he's done talking I'm all tears. I have nothing being processed in my brain but I still attempt to speak.

Louis: *sobbing, attempting to pull himself together* I'm sorry Harry, I had no idea. *harry stops him*

Harry: no one does. That's not something you think of when you meet people. I love you, Lou. *harry reaches over and touches Louis' cheeks and wipes the tears away* you just don't know, and that's okay. My parents are crazy homophobes. When I started getting the death threats, my parents started to argue; my mum wanted to move and my dad would say "he's a man, he can deal with it." I can't put my parents that again.

Louis: It's fine, Harry. I'm not going to make you do that. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me.
* Harry leans in and kisses louis*

*end of flashback*

He kissed me! Harry Edward styles kissed me! When he kissed me I felt an electrical feeling going up and down my spine. It soothes away every pain, as if something had shocked me and awoken every burning passion and desire I had for him. Perfect soft lips that felt like the first time you eat ice cream when ever you eat it. Everything froze, and nothing that ever happened seemed to matter anymore. It was like the kids yelling in the hallway were at peace, the city was asleep and the whole world just paused. I felt like a balloon floating away into the sunset. All our problems became irrelevant. I had found my safe haven within the kiss.

Harry's POV:
The kiss felt like Vincent Van Gogh said "I put my heart and soul into my work, and I have lost my mind in the process."
*flashback*
Harry: I love you, Lou. Help me love you right.

Louis: I won't let you do this to your parents but I love you back princess.

Harry: please Lou.

Louis: we'll let Time decide.

*end of flashback*

So, we left it at that, I had nothing else to say. I refused to say anything else and ruin it. Even though it was all beautiful and out of a movie I still feel guilty for doing that to Louis because I still have the hots for his sister. Then I remembered my parents and how'd they kill me if they knew. Now, I can't let time decide. I'm deciding for myself that I won't toy with him. Lou deserves better.

Louis' POV:
I love him.

Harry's POV:
I can't do this, I won't hurt him. I'll be good for my parents they deserve good. What else am I supposed to do for my parents who have done nothing but give me the best. I love my parents. And I love louis, or maybe I love the idea of louis. Regardless of what ever it is, my parents would never agree. They threw a hissy fit when they found out it was legalized in the states.

*flashback, cheshire*

Harry's dad: I can't believe these Americans are allowing gay people to marry.

Harry's mom: I can't believe parents allow kids to be gay. If my boy was ever like that I'd-

Harry: you'd what? Crucify me? What makes you guys anyone to judge? Or have you forgotten neither of you are perfect?

Harry's dad: watch your tone with your mother young man.

*end of flashback*

Discussing this matter with my parents never goes well, I guess that's why I rather please them. I mean, isn't that why they say "if you can't beat them, join them"b what ever the matter is, I'm not dragging Louis into it. It stresses me out enough as it is, and with his drinking problem he might just kill himself.

Louis has expressed numerous times that he came here in hopes of escaping all the bullshit in his life. I guess me coming to the states was also my way of escaping. Call it rebelling or what ever you want. But it seems as if I'm dragging the both of us back into all that bullshit.

I'm sorry Lou. Things don't always go as planned.

***A/N***
GUYS! I'm so excited! Chapter four is now up for you guys! Enjoy! Leave comments and questions and concerns and what ever, you guys know the drill. 💖