Chapter 1

My name is Jackie Hernandez . I am 13 years old. I am from Miami, Florida. I am a middle child of four siblings. I have played tennis all my life and I enjoy it so much.

Recently I got tendinitis in my right wrist which pretty much makes it impossible for me to play. I have been injured for 5 months.

Right now I'm at Miami Beach with my family and all of a sudden Selena Gomez shows up with Justin Bieber. In my mind I say this is impossible how can they be together when they are broken up, this is insane. As I kept thinking, they start walking my way, I'm just standing there like an idiot freaking out.

Selena speaks first "Hey, are you Jackie Hernandez ?" I excitedly say "yes, I'm her". "Hi Jackie, I'm Selena and this is Justin. We are here to tell you that our....

This is when my dad decides to jump on the couch and wake me up. It was my dads weekend and his girlfriend had just arrived from her trip from Argentina so my sister Natalie and I had to sleep in their Sofa-bed. It is so uncomfortable, this is the first time that i actually fall asleep in their couch without waking up a thousand times in the middle of the night.

It is 9:00am on a Saturday and my sister and I have a casting audition at 12:00pm. My dad and his girlfriend were making breakfast while I was taking a shower and getting dressed. I was extremely nervous, I almost couldn't even keep my breakfast down, I even had cramps.

Natalie didn't even look stressed, it looked like she went to casting every week and it wasn't a big deal. We had finally got to the Miami Beach Conventional Center. All of my pains had doubled, as we got to Hall B I could see at least 300 kids practicing their lines, filling out their applications, ready for their audition.

I was panicking how can I be picked from 300 kids. I was already sweating. We entered the salon, we sat down, started filling out the application and rehearsing our lines. Then all of a sudden Geno Segers from Pair of Kings comes out and introduces himself with his deep voice. I couldn't believe my eyes it was actually him.

He's doing the casting, he's making the decisions. I immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up, I was even more nervous now, in my head I'm thinking I'm going to mess up and destroy my chances to become an actress.

An hour has past. They called our names to enter the room and say our lines. Geno wanted Natalie to go first, she did amazing. As soon as I saw her do a great job I thought I can do an amazing job too. Then he tells me "Ok Jackie, your turn." I stood there and waited for his queue.

He goes ahead and let's me talk so I say "What makes you cool is your attitude.... your inner self. It's not the way your hair is cut, it's not the clothes you wear. It's not what you drink...or is it? Pepsi, the new choice of a new generation."

That's it I thought I messed up I said the new choice instead of the choice, my chances are ruined but I couldn't tell that to my parents. Natalie tells me "don't worry, let's just wait until tomorrow for the callback." That's the problem I couldn't wait.