Chapter 3

We arrived at the Miami Beach Conventional Center. I was super excited and I was starting to see Natalie excited too. We signed ourselves in and waited for Holly to call us.

Holly starts walking our way and I can feel my heart pounding faster and faster. I thought to myself, my moment to be a star has arrived. She greets us with a handshake and tells us how much fun were going to have working with celebrities.

She then tells us to come into her office. First she congratulates us on getting accepted from 300 kids. She then discusses how much we have to pay. As soon as she mentioned money I knew that this is where it stops.

My parents don't have money to pay $2000 for each of us to take acting classes. And it's not just that, in the showcase we have to do, agents are going to be there and if they pick us then we are going to be actors but if they don't, you just wasted your money.

My dad told her we hadn't discussed money yet with my mom. Holly said it was fine but she still needed the paperwork.

When she grabs the paper the first thing she said was "credit card number?" My dad said "no, no, no I have to discuss this with their mother first." "Okay that's fine but call me today before 9:00pm because I won't be here tomorrow" Holly says.

She wrote her phone number in a pamphlet and we grabbed it and walked out. My dad never said no, maybe they will pay it, maybe there's a chance.

He open his mouth and said "All these people care about is money, they don't care about talent." That's when I knew that my acting career was ruined. Angela tells me she's very sorry. I act like it wasn't a big deal but the thing was that to me it was a huge deal.

Natalie didn't seem like she cared. Maybe she was trying to hide it like me or maybe she really didn't care.

All I could think about was how much I really wanted to be an actress. Then it hits me. I'm injured. I have been playing tennis my whole life. Am I just going to let that go?

No. I'm going to become a professional tennis player. I am going to become famous. Win lots of money. And open my own country club.

This is what I want. It's what I've always wanted. I guess being injured hasn't been letting me see things clearly.

I'm injured today but on Wednesday I have a doctors appointment and I am going to find out the MRI results. This is where I am going to know whether I have a fracture or not. I really hope I do so I can get a cast then my bone heals and that's that.

Wednesday is right around the corner and I can't wait. I want to get healed. I want to play tennis. I want to live my dream.