Chapter 3

Listen to "How to Save a Life" by the Fray when reading this chapter

My heart was beating in my chest so rapidly that i felt it was going to explode. I rushed down the hallway, desperate to find out what the hell was happening. Coach never spoke to me like that... Why had she all of a sudden done so? What could have happened that would trigger her actually being nice?

My head was running a mile per minute. After what felt like eons i reached the principal's office. I stood there i my cheerleader's uniform. I Stood there silently. I hesitantly looked into the room. Inside i spotted Mr. Mason sitting at his desk his head buried in his hands. Across from him in one of the opposite chairs sat Perry. Also knows as Ms. Perez, the guidance counsellor.

With my hand shaking as if i had just seen a ghost i gripped the handle. Did i flunk on that Science Test last week and they are here to tell me that my Early Admissions to Columbia has been rejected? If it was even possible, my heart started to beat faster.

I entered the room. As soon as i did so, Mr. Mason stood and looked at me meaningfully. 

"Hi, Beth dear. Have a seat. We have some unfortunate news for you."

I muttered "Ok", but i think it was only audible to me. I glanced at Perry. She pulled out the chair next to her and looked at me with that look. The look that made it seem that everyone was pitying me. Why was everyone looking at me like that? What happened? I needed to find out or i don't know what would occur.

"Beth," Ms.Perez began saying slowly. "As you know, your parents were driving back from the airport today." She paused and i added quickly,

"Yea, they were picking up my dad's colleague and then they were going to meet me at home. We have tickets for the Warriors game tonight!" Just saying that lifted my spirits and made me think that whatever these two teachers were trying to tell me couldn't be that bad. But then i looked at Mr. Mason and the feeling of sheer despair and suspense flooded back to me.

"That's what it is Beth," Perry started, glancing at the principal yet again with that damn look.

"Beth, there is no good way to tell you this."

My heart started to beat faster.

"It's your parents Beth," Mr.Mason said--no, murmured under his breath. I unfortunately heard him.

And faster.

"While they were driving back from the airport, a truck came out of no where and-- " He hesitated.

Faster.

"Sideswiped them. The crash was.. horrific to put it lightly."

Faster.

"Beth, the truck ripped through the side of your parent's car and, hit them. Due to the impact--"

"Beth, your parents are in a coma." Ms. Perez cut in.

Faster.

Faster.

Faster.

Faster.

And then..

Hope you like it guys:) Sorry its been a while since i've updated<3