13] Healing

ღ•Harry's POV•ღ

"I'm so happy you're ok...." I said as tears fell down my cheeks.

She slowly raised her arm and touched my cheek. The warmness was back... She grazed her thumb on my cheek and smiled. I missed her smile so much.

"I- I missed you..." She said slowly, her voice barely coming out in a whisper.

"I missed you to Amber..." I said.

I placed my hand on top of hers and turned my head and kissed her hand. I placed it back on my cheek and she lowered it twisting her face in pain.

"I'm sorry did I hurt you?!" I asked frantically.

She shook her head and I sighed. I don't want to ever hurt again...

"H- Harry..." She mumbled.

"Yes?" I answered locking my fingers with hers.

"I- I heard you.... Arguing with L- Liam... It.. Isn't your... Fault."

I paused and thought. I didn't want her to talk anymore because I know it hurts her. But I know she had more to say.

"Amber please don't say anything. I know it hurts to talk..." I said untangling our hands.

She opened her mouth to speak but I raised my hand and stopped her. I saw her eyes get watery with tears. I knew that it crushed her not being able to tell me how she felt. But I didn't want to hurt her anymore...

"I'm sorry Amber... For putting you in this place." I apologized.

She put a hand onto my cheek and I looked up and met her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Harry... This isn't your fault..." I heard Zayn say behind me.

"You don't understand..." I mumbled.

"I understand that you didn't do it! Harry you can't blame yourself for this..."

I stayed quiet. No matter what anyone told me I knew that this would always be my fault. I'll live with this forever and it will always haunt my mind.

"I'm so glad you're awake Amber." He said appearing at her bed next to me.

She slowly lifted her arm to wave at him and smiled.

"I got the doctors they should be here soon..." He said.

Not a moment to soon Dr. Clark came in followed by the two nurses.

"Look who's awake!" He cheered as me and Zayn backed away from the bed and Amber smiled. "Ok I'm just going to ask you a few questions..."

She nodded and then shook nervously.

"Do you remember these two boys?" He asked.

"Yes... Zayn and Harry." She croaked.

"Don't worry about your voice it should come back in a few hours. You just have to get it used to being used again. What's my name?"

"Dr. Clark."

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"Ok... What's two plus two?"

"Four..."

"Four times four?"

"Sixteen."

"Alright you're all set! I hope you feel better soon and you should be released in a couple of days once you can function properly again." He explained.