chapter 5

Leila.

"Okay, 3, 2, 1..." Mrs Jackson says, far too enthusiastically as she pushes the camera button. The flash of the camera is almost too bright, as soon as my eyes adjust back to normal I see my brother standing in front of me with a smarter look than before. Riley was sent off to get some new uniform for his photo, so I was getting my photo taken first.

Riley grins at me as he adjusts his new tie, and I can't stop thinking about what he did. That poor vampire... He wasn't even hurting anyone, well a squirrel. But that's not the point. The point is, if Riley wanted the vampire to die he should've told our parents.

Riley and I swap places, and that grin of his reappears in front of the camera. It's almost like he enjoyed it, like he got some pleasure out of killing someone. What a wonderful brother I have.

"OK Riley, if you just sit a little more to the left." Mrs Jackson says sweetly. Her opinion on my tardy, and dirty brother from earlier seems to have fizzled away. The problem with my brother is that no matter what he does, he can always charm his way back into your good books. He could, and has many times, get away with murder. Vampire murder.

As Riley gets his picture taken, I walk up to the window and look outside, all there is is a car park and what appears to be the other entrance to the woods. What a view. And then I see a figure storming out of the woods. Is that Lloyd? I thought he went to class? Another figure chases after him as if telling him to stop. Their mouths are moving as if they are shouting. I know it's none of my business, but the nosey side of myself is dying to know what they're talking about. And why he's even out there in the first place. Whoever he's with has probably annoyed Lloyd considering his mood today. I will find out what's up with him. I'm a nosey person and I'm good at it, and proud.

NOTICE:

The rest of this story is now on the Dreame website. If you wish to continue reading, please go to the Dream website!