Chapter 1

Ring! Riinng!! RIINNN-SMASH!!!!

Fiera slammed her hand on her blood red Real Witches alarm clock. Rubbing her tired eyes and trying to get the ringing sound out of her head, she wobbled sleepily to her walk-in closet, to which the bright sunlight shining through the windows was blinding her vision. She had picked out her clothes for her first day of school the night before under the watchful eye of her neighbor Mrs. Ginger Bread. Getting the shower before her older sister Valery was a bit of a problem; she was never very fond of Fiera. Valery believed that the eldest heir of the family should take the throne and follow the legacy of their mother; her mother.

At one point, Valery was supposed to rule the throne, but then her mother remarried to Fiera's father. That's right; she and Fiera are half-sisters. Fiera's father was a knight when he met the Queen a few years before she was born. He was to guard the Queen because the dwarfs and the Princes' men where trying to kill her. After her first husband passed, she felt as though she needed someone who would love her as the most beautiful and the fairest of them all. Then Prince Florian and his men never go to kill the Queen; they got the knight in shining armor, Fiera's father. The day after his death was tragic for Fiera and the Queen. Everyone paid their respects to the family; although Valery was not as sad as Fiera and her mother. That day, Prince Florian and everyone involved in the event have never been so ashamed and called off the attempt to kill the Queen. They didn't know about Fiera and Valery before the day of the funeral, where all of the Tales were.

Today was Fiera's first day at Castle Cove High School. She was trying to stay calm but even Mrs. Ginger Bread could tell she was very nervous. Valery had been there for a year and Fiera didn't want to be known as 'Valery's sister' or 'the future Evil Queen'. She just wanted to be known as Fiera.

"Sweetheart, calm down. You will be fine," Mrs. Ginger Bread coxed while Valery was watching them with an uninterested face.

"I'm sorry, Gingie. I'm just a bit nervous," she replied.

"A bit?! You're practically making a whole in the floor with you're shoes!" She chuckled. Mrs. Ginger Bread had always found the girl entertaining. She thought of Fiera as one of her children since they all grew up and vanished. They didn't follow their legacy so they didn't exist. The Tales knew of the misfortune from her husband Mr. Ginger Bread who had been there when they were sucked into the ground.

"Listen, little sister," Valery whispered to Feira when Mrs. Ginger Bread went to start the car. "If you make a fool of yourself, everyone will not only be laughing at you, but they'll be laughing at me, too. I have a reputation at Castle Cove, which I intend to keep, so you better not make our family name a joke. Got it?" She said menacingly. Fiera hastily nodded. Just then, Mrs. Ginger Bread came back inside.

"Well don't lollygag, girls. Let's get a move on, shall we?" She asked. They got inside of the dark brown, cookie shaped car and headed to the school.

This is it, Fiera thought.

Outfit: External Link