Chapter Two

Poker didn't last long as Cas, Balthazar and Gabe were dragged away by a group of giggling girls. Sam was desperate to ask Lucifer about his name, but he stopped himself from making things awkward. Instead the pair sat and talked for what felt like an age. Yet Sam never got bored of listening to Lucifer talk, he chuckled at his sarcastic comments about the trio of men awkwardly dancing with girls, who could be said to be out of their league.

Lucifer leant in towards Sam, his shirt sleeves messily rolled up halfway, fiddling with the playing cards. He listened to Sam talk too, entranced by his deep voice and the smile that he slipped every now and  then.

"I'll tell you something, as long as you don't repeat it," Lucifer chuckled whilst Sam cocked his head. "Cas isn't really into women."

Sam turned his head towards the, poorly, dancing guy and raised an eyebrow.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed," He frowned.

"Well lets put it this way," Lucifer said with a mischievous grin. "He's more feminine than most women here tonight. Plus, I've known him to have the hots for quite a few men-" He stopped talking as soon as he noticed Cas shuffling through the crowd towards the pair.

"I don't like dancing," He said as he dropped into the chair besides Sam.

"I would never have guessed," Lucifer said sarcastically, meeting Sam's eye, who had to hold a laugh.

"Well, I need a drink." Sam said, standing up. "Do you?"

Cas shook his head.

"I'll have whatever you're having," Luci said.

With that Sam headed towards the bar, leaning on it with his arms whilst the bar tender poured his drinks.  He couldn't stop smiling because of Lucifer and he'd forgotten what he was really in town for, until the bar tender's eyes flashed black. Sam froze, gripping hold of the drinks. He couldn't do anything about it, not whilst the bar was full.

Instead Sam had to pretend that everything was fine. The bar tender slipped a cruel grin as he turned away to return to Lucifer and Cas. His heart pounded in his chest, now he'd have to wait around the bar until closing hours and that wasn't until later on tonight. He was thankful that Lucifer was there to keep him company in the meantime, maybe he could lighten Sam's, now pissy, mood.

He set the drink down in front of Lucifer whilst he drank half of his own.

"Someone's intent on getting drunk," Lucifer laughed.

Sam nodded and drank the other half. He put his glass down and took his blazer off, throwing it over the back of his chair.

"Come and dance with me," He offered Lucifer and Cas.

After drinking half of his own drink Lucifer stood up and squeezed Sam's shoulder with a laugh.

"Sure!" He said, still chuckling, and grabbed Cas by the arm pulling him with them back onto the dancefloor.

The trio of men joined up with Gabe and Balthazar, who seemed to have mastered some new dance that was in fashion. After an awkward moment of teaching them how to dance the five men were taking the dancefloor by storm. They started to collect a crowd of cheering women which, for Gabe and Balthazar, was great. Luci, Sam and Cas on the other hand were just enjoying dancing. Especially Cas, now that he had mastered at least one form of dance.

It wasn't until Lucifer grabbed Sam's arm and spun around with him that Sam truly smiled. He threw his head back with laughter as the two spun around, still kicking their feet and staying to the beat of the music. He had forgotten for a second what he'd seen at the bar. Meanwhile, Gabe and Balthazar had Cas up on their shoulders whilst he begged for them to let him down.

Once they had all calmed down they returned to their seats, Lucifer and Sam still chuckling whilst Cas looked a little frightened.

"Aw come on Cas," Balthazar moaned. "It's not like we were going to drop you,"

"Speak for yourself," Gabe retorted, chuckling at Cas' disturbed expression.

Sam's smile dropped a little as his eyes wondered towards the bar. Lucifer noticed that he was uncomfortable and followed his eyeline.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking back at Sam with a frown.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," He sighed.

"Try me," Lucifer said, resting an arm on the table and leaning in.

"You'll think I'm going mad," He bit his lip. "But if you really want to know-"

"I really do," Lucifer leaned in a little more.

"The bar tender," He sighed again. "The bar tender isn't human,"

"Oh really?" He asked. "Then what is he?"

Sam's face flushed red, he didn't want Lucifer to think he was a mad man, but he'd have to tell him now.

"He's a demon," He mumbled.

That grabbed the attention of the others too who looked at Sam with a confused expression.

"A demon?" Gabe asked. "Are you sure?"

Sam cocked his head a little at the question, it wasn't what he expected.

"I'm pretty sure," He replied.

Lucifer sighed and put a hand on Sam's shoulder.

"Okay guys I think it was time we were heading home," He said as he stood up. The others followed, finishing their drinks and putting on their coats. "Sam, be careful going home wont you? I think you might have had a little too much to drink," He muttered in his ear.

"Sure, I'll be fine don't worry," He replied. "Will you be here again?" He stood up, shaking the hands of Cas, Gabe and Balthazar before turning back to Lucifer.

"We'll be here tomorrow night if you care to join us," He smiled.

"Sure," Sam said. "I'll see you tomorrow night then," He went to shake Lucifer's hand but instead he was pulled into a short hug.

"I had a good time tonight. I hope we can have an even better one tomorrow," Lucifer said before turning to leave.

Sam stood and watched them leave. The club was pretty scarce. Only a few overly drunk men and women sat at the bar, laughing and cheering. He put on his coat and headed outside, turning the corner and waiting by the back entrance of the club. He clutched the handle of the demon blade he had stolen a while back, ready for whatever was about to come next.

Little did Sam know but Lucifer had also turned that exact same corner, letting the others go on home. Whilst Sam waited for the demon, Lucifer waited for Sam to confirm his theory. That Sam was a hunter.