Chapter Four

Love Knows No Bounds

Chapter four

A familiar place came to view. A place where sunflower grows, a wind blows into the field of flower that gives a calming feeling and a boy waving at me while smiling. "Is this a dream? "

"Maki! Maki! Come here, fast! The butterflies are gathering around here. You should see it." The boy's smiles are refreshing.

Ah! Yes! I remembered! He's the kid I met when I'm still staying at my grandmother's house in Philippines. He is a gentle boy and also a cry baby. He always visits my place to play.

"Maki! What are you spacing out there? Come, hurry!" Excitement runs through his face.

I ran to where he is and saw the flock of butterflies. "They're so beautiful!" Amusement filled my eyes and a wide smile played into my face...

"Your grandmother's garden sure is amazing Maki!" The boy beside me has an amused expression and his eyes gleamed with excitement.

"I wish we stay like this forever." I hold his hand tightly while my eyes are glued into the beautiful scenery in front of me.

"Maki, I need to tell you something." Sadness filled his eyes.

"What is it?" I looked worried at him.

"Actually, I need to go back home." The boy's fighting his urge to cry, his hands are shaking.

"It's ok, we'll see each other again. Right?" I smiled at him, trying to convince him that everything will be fine.

"You don't understand it, Maki!" He then started to cry.

"What do you mean?" My hands are getting cold and nervousness filled me.

"I live abroad, it's really far from here and when I came back there. My parent won't allow me to leave again until I grow up. I don't know if we can ever meet again! I don't want to leave you." He's clinging unto me really hard, and the sadness that shown into his face made me cry as well.

"I don't like to be separated from you! I wanted to stay beside you." I don't want to accept the fact that he's leaving me, I thought we are best friends and we'll play a lot. But now he's leaving me alone.

"Me too" He hugged me really tight; his body is trembling with fear. Fear of losing something important to him.

"I really like you, you know? I'm going to be sad without you!" I grabbed his shirt in front.

His face turned red, he distanced himself for a bit. "Stupid!" Then he flipped me into the forehead. "If you really like me, then, wait for me... And I'll come and get you... When we grow up I'll make you my wife..."He then turned his face to the side, hiding his face from me.

"I'll wait for you... And I'll be your wife... I Promise!" I smiled at him genuinely.

The both of us make a pinky promise.

Ring... Ring... Ring... "What's that? My alarm clock?" It keeps on ringing, I'm trying to reach it when, BANG!

"It hurts!!!" I fell out of my bed. "Why is it in a far edge of the table?!" After pushing the button, I flopped back into the bed. Trying to remember the dream I just had.

"That boy. Those memories. They are all from the past."

I waited for him, I waited for so many years but he never came back. The memories we shared are starting to fade inside my head. I can't even recall his name. His face already became blurry and everything seems like a dream.