Chapter 16

Lately things had changed, your brother hadn't been around which worried you greatly. Apparently he's been very busy practicing and he's quite determined in becoming a SOLDIER, sure you were happy that he would be able to defend himself. What worried you the most is the reason why he wanted to become a SOLDIER, he wanted to go on missions.

If that weren't enough, a lot of people around began to treat you differently.For instance Angeal and a few people -who you started to get to know- were beginning to worry about you. They would just begin by asking you if there was anything alright, which was a nice question but they went as far as to prevent you from going in missions, but this only happened when Angeal was around.

A growled escaped your lips once again, you had been looking for your brother and he's no where to be found. Some people passing by just said a hello on their way while others would just give you odd looks because of your growling. You had looked inside but you've found nothing, it was apparent that he would be outside, so you headed that way.

Once outside, you didn't have to spend much time looking for your brother. He was talking with a group of boys. He was facing them so his back was towards you, as you walked forward and you were noticed, someone said something to him. He nodded and the boys left but just stood away so they were unable to listen to your conversation.

He turned around and you couldn't help but frown. Time is going by and he seems older, you just did not like that. Responsibilities were part of adulthood and he was just growing fast."[B/N]."

The muscles of his face remained cold and he narrowed his eyes."I've been looking for you."

A growl was heard but this time it was emanating from him, not you. This took you off guard, standing there you were simply shocked."I know why you've been looking for me. It's because I've requested to be re-considered as a SOLDIER, isn't it?"

Well that was unexpected. You had no idea about that but it didn't help to ease your sour mood."You what!" No, that was why you wanted to talk to him, to tell him to take his time and not to over do things.

His eyes wondered off and the twitch of his eyebrow showed that he was annoyed because he just had given information that he did not want you to know."I did alright!" he finally admitted glancing back at you.

Shaking your head you looked to the side and the boys who were just with your brother a few minutes ago, yelped."But why?" you asked. The anger still remained but you tried to calm yourself.

He sighed."Because of this." He looked at the ground."Look, I know how important we all are to you but have you even thought of how important you are to us? To ME?"Your body relaxed now hearing those words."I'm sick of you always having to risk your life for us, I want to be there for you, to protect you. I love you and I'm terrified every time you go on missions, I feel useless not being able to protect anyone."

Reaching forward, you placed a hand on his shoulder."That's not your job. It's my job to protect you, I know you're worried bu-" and he ripped your hand from your shoulder.

Anger flashed through his eyes."See! You always think you need to protect everyone and that's not your job either!" he walked around in circles."I promised my father that I would be the man of the house and I can't if I'm unable to do so, if I'm useless! That's why I want to be a SOLDIER so I can help!"

Making a fist you glared at him."You're not ready! I let you start this training because you wanted, and I am fine with that but becoming a SOLDIER is not what I want for you, not now. Please..."taking a deep breath, your anger seemed to go away."If you do become a SOLDIER I just can't think of you...of you on going to missions. It's enough that I am, I don't need you going out and not knowing if you're going to make it back, that's my job. I need you here. Look at me." You told him when he was looking to the side. Once he heard you, he did so."You said you wanted to be able to protect us, then I need you to stay."He opened his mouth to protest but you continued talking."Granny and [S/N] are here, I need someone to protect them. I want to be able to know that if I go in a mission and I don't make it back, there will be someone protecting them.I can't afford having you out there."Turning around just ready to leave, you finished what you had in mind."If you do want to part of SOLDIER then....I'll accept it but not now. You're too young and I need you here." And without waiting for him to reply, you walked away.