Chapter Four

Sometimes i wonder if you are my  "Once upon a time" or my "Happily Ever After."

-Nicole-

"Thank you, darling," my mother said, grinning as she kissed my head. "Now go take a cold shower. You're starting to smell bad because of the hot weather today."

 turned on the lights in my bedroom and took of my shirt. Yiesh. My shirt smelt of horrible sweat. I put on another shirt and sprayed my favorite perfume all over my body, neck, and arms. I tuend around and looked out the window.

Then i realized that the porch lights next door was switched on. Then i saw a small boy walking past the room next door. I knew thatthe new neighbors were going to be here today but i didn't know that they had arrived already.

My face became pink because of the embarrassing moment today. What if there was a boy spyingon me as i changed my clothes? I didn't like being seen naked by other people, especially guys. This moment was going to haunt me forever.

3 hours later and i was founded to be sitting alone in the living room with th TV switched on with th volume to the maximum. I was watching Spongebob Squarepants. Since i was a small youngster, I used to always be sad about life. Yup, I was emotional. My one favorite thing to lighten up my spirits was Spongebob.

His silly jokes and annoying yet contagious laugh had always made me happy. And then a tragedy happened. My mum threw away the TV and Internet because my grades kept falling. Without Spongebob and YouTube, I became sad once again.

Then a boy came into my life. I had already forgotten his name but i replaced Spongebob with him i called him Spongebob because of his laugh. The small things in the world always begin with a little giggle.

My mum came towards me with a plate in her hands. "It's hot, darling," she said, giving it to me. I didn't know why she gave it to me but i replied, "Oh, thank you, mother. It's so thoughtful of you." She cut me off with a little frown. "It's not for you. It's for the new neighbors next door."

I frowned and swallowed. I had to go to the house... Nex door? What if whoever saw me getting undressed flirted with me? What if they laughed? I shook my head vigorously, "No mum. Ask somebody else to give it to them."

"Why not you?" she asked back. "Why are you suddenly so shy?" My cheeks grew pink and my breath became quick. I don't know. I son't wanna embarras myself again.

Mum made me give the dinner to the new neighbors. As i stood in front of the door, I told myself, "You can do it. Maybe they didn't see you. Maybe nobody saw you." The door opened and stood a familliar tall guy. He smiled down at me and all my feelings ran out the door.

When i was standing there, I thought some 40-year-old disgusing man was going to be my new neighbor, But when i finally saw who it was, I was so relieved. It was a boy with choppy-layerd brown hair and a cute yet awkward smile. He was teh boy i met today on the streets.

"Hi," he greeted cheerfully as he leaned against the door frame. As the shy girl, i didn't respond but gave the lasagna that my mum made for him. "Is it for me?" he asked, looking at me confusingly.

I nodded shyly. What if he saw? "I never got your name, beauiful Redhead," he said slyly.

"It's Nicky," I replied quietly and waited for his response. His smile became awkwardly upside down and his eye stared deeply into mine as if we were supposed to have a connection. He smiled once again and said, "I'm Ian. I'm pretty sure we've met before?"

I nodded, "Yes, we meet earlier today. You helped me with the groceries."

He looked at me, confused than shook his head as he put the lasagna away. "No, we've met earlier than that. I've knwon you since we were thirteen."