Chapter 5

A/N There is another POV change in this chapter so don't freak out. Other then that let's just stick to the note in the previous chapter, yeah? yeah.

***

Layla (POV)

I was planning on having a lazy weekend until Jenn invited me out for Coffee. Although she was shy and slightly more quite there was this quality to her that made me really enjoy her company. She was absolutely hilarious and smart and was always up to going out and it was always hard to say no, it was good for Ari to get out it was easy especially because dad was out so much of the week and she easily got restless indoors. Jenn didn't have to bribe her too much considering cake was involved. To say the least I was settling comfortably into this town, with college applications and all I couldn't really see myself moving so soon.

I put on some skinny jeans and a cropped white blouse with lace at the high neck line with my heeled ankle boots and some rings. My hair was its usual waves and my face with minimal makeup. Ari dressed in a cute skirt and simple t-shit with the silky hair in a pony tail. She'd never need make-up. Those eyelashes and dimple stole all the attention. She was fumbling as always meanwhile I picked up Midnight; I had been slightly neglecting her being busy with school and taking care of dad and Ari, although Midnight usually entertains herself and is well behaved and independent. I had missed out little cuddle time on the couch so took the chance now cooing at her while I picked her up from around my ankles.

'Hey girl, I've missed you. I'm sure you haven't really enjoyed your play dates with Ari and her forcing you to drink pretend tea, did you? No you didn't,' She snuggles into my neck and meows, petting my face with her small paws, while I became creepy owner answering my own questions adding a lisp in my 'cute' voice, Ari came into the room and we were ready to leave after she put on her jacket. I opened the door to find Jenn standing with her fist in the air like she was ready to knock on the door.

'Hey Layla, are you ready to go? Shall I drive? I already have Ari's seat in there from the other day anyways, come one' she let out in one breath, she seemed slightly off but I pushed the thought to the side considering Jenn wasn't your average girl anyway. I followed with a somewhat shell shocked nod and Ari followed with a bounce while she and Jenn chattered.

The cafe warm and comforting and smelt of fresh tea, coffee and sweet pastries, that were on show at the front. The cafe hummed with hushed talking and laughter. It looked old and most of the interior was made from wood and a big vintage looking carpet atop the stone floor that peeked through around the edges. The plants and small ornaments gave the café an almost home like feel. It was spacious yet small enough to make it cosy; there was also stairs that lead upstairs which I assumed was just more sitting area. I could see myself spending lots of time in here.

I'm not much of a coffee person but could not live without at least to three mugs of tea a day hence my reason for ordering a large cup of tea, with a generous slice of red velvet cake with butter cream, a hot chocolate and a slice of chocolate cake for Ari and a large coffee and 'the big soft lemony cupcake with the polka dot case' as Jenn requested. I offered to pay because I owed Jenn and her big accomplishment of getting me to leave the house. We made our way upstairs to find an even nicer area with only three others up here – two men and a girl, a girl who I recognised from school- we made our way over to the ceiling to floor window were there we big comfy armchairs that could fit two people in each with a small black rounded table topped with glass in between the four armchairs. The four chairs were facing each other and gave the corner an intimate feel in addition to the natural light streaming through the tall windows. The clouds were greying above the trees as we took our seats facing each other while we waited for the waitress to come up without orders, this was not like your ordinary Starbucks and had a lot more character I thought when I spotted the long fish tank lining the whole of the side wall that was filled with exotic fish.