Going to School.

My name is Jackie Coulsen. When I was a little kid, my parents were killed in a car crash and I was left in the care of my uncle Phil Coulsen. But then, when I was only six years old, he was murdered just prior to the Battle of New York. After that, I had no one left to take care of me. But uncle Phil made sure that I was taken care of. He left me with a trusted friend of his, Clint Barton. Also known as Hawkeye. Fortunately for me, The Avengers were formed shortly after I was left in his care and I ended up being raised by six superheroes. Hawkeye, Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man, The Hulk and Thor. Well... occasionally Thor. He pops in from time to time.

My adoption by the Avengers was eight years ago. They home schooled me for all of elementary school and middle of school. But now, I finally got a chance to go to a real school and have some real friends. It was my first day of high school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! There she is." Uncle Tony exclaimed happily as I walked down stairs to the kitchen for breakfast. I smiled at him.

"You excited for your first day?" Uncle Bruce asked me as I grabbed a plate and started serving myself some scrambled eggs.

"Yeah, I'm really excited." I said. "I can't wait for all my new classes."

"I'm sure you're also excited to meet all the new boys." Aunt Natasha said with a wink.

Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and looked at me. "What?" I asked. "There are going to be boys there and it's not like I'm just going to ignore them. Plus, there's a good chance there are going to be a few cute ones too."

Uncle Clint gave me a look. "If any of them try to hit on you, beat them up."

"I'm not going to beat them up." I said, taking a bite of my food.

"Why would they hit her?" Thor asked.

"Hit on her." Tony explained. "Like flirting with her."

I smiled as Tony kept trying to explain it to Thor, and kept eating my breakfast.

"Hey, it 7:30," Steve said. "We need to get going."

I shoved the rest of my food in my mouth and grabbed my backpack then ran out the door, right behind him.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Uncle Steve asked me as we walked to his truck. "We could always keep homeschooling you."

"Yes, I'm sure." I told him. "I really want to go to a new school and meet some real friends."

"You have real friends, Jackie," Steve said as we got into his truck and drove off. "We're your friends."

"I meant real friends." I insisted. "you know, like people my own age. You guys are my family. And Jarvis is great and everything, but he's also a computer."

"I see your point. But we could just have you start next year. Wouldn't that be easier than starting half way through the first term?"

There had been a few issues getting me registered for my new school so as it turned out, I wasn't able to start until school was about half way through the first term. *cough* Tony completely forgot to do the paper work. *cough cough*

"Steve, I am going to school." I said stubbornly.

"Okay..." he sighed. "But don't blame me if I worry about you."

I couldn't help but smile. Uncle Steve had always been the most protective over me. He was like a big papa bear. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." I assured him. But as we got closer to the school, I started to get nervous. We pulled up to the school and I took a deep breath.

"You have your cell phone, right?" He asked me.

I nodded.

"Alright. I'll be back at three to pick you up." He gave me a quick hug and I hopped out of the truck. "Have a good day."

"I will." I said, smiling. Steve drove off and my new adventure began.