Convincing Steve

When dinner came around that night, I couldn't seem to stop smiling. With everyone siding with me, there was no way that I wasn't going to join the team.

"Jackie told me that she was offered a spot on the football team today." Steve said.

"Yeah, she told us too." Tony said. "I think its a great idea."

"You do?"

Tony nodded. "Yeah, I do."

"As do I." Thor said. "Jackie is stronger and faster than most in this realm and I would dare to say that her talents would even rival some warriors of Asgard. It would be good for her."

Steve looked shocked. "Do you agree?" he asked Natasha, Clint and Bruce. They nodded. "So I'm the only one who has a problem with our kid being pummeled by people that are considerably bigger and stronger than her on a regular basis?"

Everyone seemed to be considering this. I knew I had to convince Steve or they would all go back on it. "Steve, you know who Jackie Robinson was, right?"

"Of course I do." He said. "He was the first African American to play Major League Baseball."

"And remind me again why that was such a big deal?"

"Because before that, baseball was almost completely ignorant of the issue of racism."

"But he changed that. Didn't he?"

Steve nodded.

"Racism may not be that big of a deal now, but sexism still is. People will always treat you differently because of your gender. Steve, this is my chance to break through that. I know I can't change it permanently, but I can try."

He thought about it.

"I want to make a difference, Steve." I said. "Please let me take this chance."

Steve sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Fine." He said. "You can join the team."

"YES!!!" I practically jumped six feet in the air and ran to get the paperwork.

Steve sighed. "She does know that we'll almost never be able to go to her games, right?"

"Of course we'll be able to go." Tony said.

"Not as the whole family." Steve pointed out. "We've all got missions or other things that'll conflict with that."

"One of us will always go." Bruce said. "Just one of us has to be there to support her."

"Speaking of missions," Clint said. "Natasha Nd I have one coming up. We leave tomorrow for Dubai."

"And I must return to Asgard soon." Thor said. "There has been much trouble there. And I am needed to help stop it."

"So it's going to me, Steve and Brice for a while?" Tony asked. His question was met with a positive response.

"Good to know."

They finished up and Natasha went up to Jackie's room. "Jackie, can I come in?"

"Yeah." I said. I had just finished up my homework and was texting Caleb. When Natasha walked in, I knew by the look on her face that she and Clint were leaving again. "How long are you going to gone?" I asked.

"Anywhere from four days to two weeks." She told me, sitting down on the foot of my bed.

"Where're you guys going this time?" I asked.

"Dubai."

I nodded. "Just be careful. Okay?"

Natasha smiled. "We will. And we'll bring you back a souvenir."

"I don't need a souvenir." I told her. "I just want you guys to come home safely."

"I know. But you know how much Clint likes bringing back surprises for you."

I grinned. "Yeah, I know." I glanced over to a shelf above my desk. It was filled with little trinkets that Clint and Natasha had brought back from their missions. And they weren't things like snowglobes or keychains, they were really nice. I had a hand made dagger from England, a jade tiger from China, and even a katana from Japan.

"We'll be back before you know it." Natasha said, giving me a hug.

"Just make sure you come back in one piece." I said. "And watch each other's backs."

She smiled and let me go. "Clint and I will come say goodbye before we leave."

"Thanks."

Natasha got up to leave and walked to the door.

"Natasha," I said, before she left.

She turned around and looked at me.

"I know I don't remember anything about my mom, but I hope she was like you."

Natasha smiled then left the room.