The Destroyer. Part 1

​The rest of the night was awesome. Steve made an amazing Italian dinner, not just regular spaghetti and meatballs mind you. But like real recipes. He made me Shrimp and Lobster Fettuccine. I honestly can't remember what everyone else had. Anyway... Thor started telling us what he had been doing back in Asgard when he mentioned that something had gone missing.

"What went missing?" I asked. "Loki didn't escape did he?"

Thor shook his head. "No, Jackie. Loki is well under lock and key. He's not going anywhere for a long time."

"Then was something stolen?" I asked.

He hesitated. "Its nothing you need to worry about."

"So something was stolen." I said. "And I'm guessing it was something out of the weapon's vault."

Thor's eyes went wide. "How did you know that?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I do live with to master spies. They taught me how to read people's expressions and body language."

Thor turned to Clint and Natasha and gave them the stink eye. Clint just smirked in return.

"So what was stolen?" I asked again.

"I don't think it's any of your business." Steve said. "Plus, I'm sure Thor and the other Asgardians can take care of it. Right, Thor?"

"Would you please just tell me what it is?" I asked.

Thor sighed. "Alright. I actually came back to request your help." He said to the other Avengers. "The Destroyer has been stolen."

Tony choked on his drink. "Did you say the Destroyer?" He asked in awe.

"Like the giant magic Iron Man suit that guards the weapons vault?" Clint asked.

Thor nodded. "It was stolen right before I returned to Asgard." He said. "I have tracked down several people who could have stolen it, but were all long gone when I got to them."

"And you want us to help you find it?" Natasha asked.

"If you would be so kind." Thor said.

"Does that include me?" Bruce asked. "Because I don't think that this calls for a Code Green."

"It's not the Hulk we need, Bruce." Thor said. "We need your intellect in tracking down these people."

"Did anyone see it get stolen?" Clint asked. "The best thing to start with would be a witness."

Thor nodded. "One guard saw it. He has been in with the healers for the whole time and may not recover."

"And where do I fit into this?" Steve asked.

"Well you are the team leader." Thor said with a small smile.

"What about me?" I asked. "Do I get to help?"

They all looked at me and realized that they had totally forgotten that I was there. By the looks that I was getting, I started to get the feeling that I wasn't even coming to Asgard with them. "Look," I said. "You all need to go find the Destroyer. If that thing falls into the wrong hands, millions of people could die. I can call Caleb and stay over at his house until you guys get home. Plus, you guys can still check in every night and Jarvis can technically keep an eye on me if he stays in my computer."

"Would Caleb's parents mind if you stayed over?" Tony asked.

"I doubt it." I said. "I'll give him a call. And I'm assuming that you'll want to meet his parents."