A simple question

I start coughing and choking not realizing that my mom is puffing on her cigarette right in my face. As I turn the fan on high I ask can you please quit, as she looks at me and pauses. She replied  Melissa you know it's my stress reliever. I said but it doesn't matter it takes away stress for what five minutes, it's not fair I have to carry you home every night drunk. The room is quiet. All Melissa felt was a quick slap right across the face. Melissa ran into her room crying with fear. She whispers to herself I can't wait till school starts.she try's so hard to forget what happened.

Melissa wakes up bright and early at 6:30. She starts planning her outfit she puts on her Jean shorts,with a tank that has a anchor and some flip flops. She races out her house forgetting to eat some cereal. She walks in the office with a grin, the secretary  leads her to room 109. She opens the door seeing teenagers throwing airplanes and yelling. Melissa suddenly feels uncomfortable. She finds a seat and copy's what on the white board. Finally first period is over, she sees a boy that is kind of cute, she stares daydreaming. The boy looks at her and they make I contact. He slowly walks to her. The boy asked," um I lost my phone would you mind writing down your number she quickly writes it down.