Chapter Four: Aftermath of the Crash

"Cyborg! Turn off into that exit! I think they went that way towards the hotel!" Robin screamed into the tin man's ear.

"ROBIN! IF YOU YELL IN MY EAR ONE MORE TIME, I'M GOING TO THROW YOU OUT THE WINDOW!"

Before he could protest, the Titans heard an explosion set off into the distance. Looking back, they all assumed it was a pretty bad car wreck and they'll definitely hear about it on the news.

"Man, I feel bad for whoever was involved in that wreck." Cyborg said quietly.

"Yeah...Look Cy, I'm sorry if I yelled in your ear but you know how it is with Raven nowadays....."

Robin's voice drowned out from the alien princess' ears. Her slow steady breathing calmed her thoughts. It wasn't easy being with Robin as it was before. He was usually happy but at the same time strict and brave, that is until the lost of their dear friend. Which made him more tense and alert. He always was checking up on people. As the princess was lost in thought, her eyes drifted outside of the window. Her eyes fixated on a moving object that looked oddly familiar to her in the door mirror.

"Beast Boy?" Star pointed as she turned around at the moving object behind her.

"Hmm....what did you say Star?" Robin asked, not turning around.

"Is that our friend running away?"

"Star did you see Raven runn...." Their leader's eyes drifted towards the door mirror of the car. He saw a large, green, furry object running towards the city. "Cyborg! Turn the car around and head towards the city!"

Cyborg nodded his head. The car swerved to the other side of the highway.

"Wow....now you decide the rules of the road don't apply...." Robin grumbled.

After a few minutes, the Titans were in the city. Robin went east, Cyborg took the west, and Star took the north and southern parts of the town. The Titans searched high and low, but found nothing of some sort of "beast" running around the city. They found that it would be best to go back to the hotel and get some sleep for a few hours, then go out search for Raven again.

~✟~

Deep in the woods, a green furry form carried a young girl inside a small log cabin. The Beast became less and less furry as his energy faded. He gripped the figure he was carrying tighter.

I won't drop her....I have to keep going.... he thought.

The human form of the Beast finally made it to his very own bedroom. He quickly set her down, nice and gently. His very own energy began to make him weak but he didn't care. All he cares about was getting his friend to safety and back to health.

With what's left of his energy, the former changeling carefully examines her injuries with a small scanner that he made. Most of the injuries were minor, but for the others were in fact serious. The empath had a concussion, a broken leg, scrapes and bruises.

The only thing that looked serious was her leg and that scratch on her arm....he thought as he fell unconscious.

~✟~

Raven's eyes slowly opened only to find herself shutting them again. Her mouth let through a groan.

Gosh, why does my head hurt? She questioned herself.

Pain shot through her whole entire body and tears shot down. Raven found herself looking around the room through watery eyes. It wasn't the hotel or a hospital, it was just a normal looking room.

"Where the hell am I?"

Before she could question herself more, the former changeling walked in.