Chapter 3 ⚓

As the group and I make our way out of the food court area, we come to another long corridor, seeing two very big velvety red doors.

"Is this it?" I ask Cadence next to me.

She turns her attention to me then nods with a cheeky smile.

Jayce let's go of my arm as well as Cadence, the rest of the group trailing behind us as we come closer to the door.

Cadence goes to push the door when suddenly Jayce comes in front of her, pushing the heavy door.

"Ladies first." He says, while staring at me with a smirk.

I shyly smile, bringing Cadence in front of me to go in first, while I pass Jayce who gives me a wink with a bite of his lip.

I shyly shake my head while smiling at the floor, but that all soon changes as I notice the reflecting disco lights against the black shiny floor, as well as the booming party music and shouts.

I look up with now a shocked expression, while seeing teenagers dancing on the checkered dance floor, while a dj set sits in front, and tables filled with teens bobbing their heads to the music.

"This is the kid's club?" I ask loudly to Cadence, the music drowning out my voice.

She continues to bob her head to the beat of the music, then turning her attention to me.

"Not what you expected, right?"

I shake my head with shock and awe, turning back to the disco floor of grinding teenage bodies.

Before I can stand there any longer, I feel a hand on my arm, pulling me.

I look up to see Cadence with a flirty smirk, staring at the busy dj, but then turns her attention towards me again.

"Come on."

I look behind her to notice the rest of the group to be walking to what looks like a bar, nearing more at the back of the room.

We walk over to the bar, Sean ordering drinks loudly over the blasting music, the waiter nods while pulling out red party cups and filling it with what looks like achohol.

"Hey." I nudge Cadence in the arm, feeling anxious. "Aren't we underage."

"You don't have to drink it, just makes it look like your holding something." She answers with a laugh, guiding me over to the group while Riley hands her two drinks.

"Here you go." She says, while handing me one.

I take it from her, raising it to my lips, the disgusting smell of it invading my nose.

I grimace when I take a small sip, the taste becoming more bitter with the horrible aftertaste.

"What is it?" I ask her with a disgusted expression.

"Beer." She answers with a small chuckle, raising it to her lips and drinking it.

"It's disgusting."

"You ever drink?" She asks with raised eyebrows, stealing a few glances over to the dj.

"Only once. At a wedding." I say while looking around the shiny room.

As Cadence and I make small talk, I notice the dj plays a song that has a danceable beat to it. While the volume increases, more teenagers make there way out of their seats to join others on the dance floor.

"We have to dance." I hear Cadence say next to me, as I turn to look at her, while she smiles cheekily.

"I can't." I say with a laugh.