Chapter 2 ⚓

"It's time to wake up now hun." I hear the all too familiar voice of Maria.

I groan in a sleepy state, rolling over so that I'm facing away from the blinding sun seeping through the curtains, no doubt she opened.

"I'm serious, we are leaving in a few minutes, we'll be waiting downstairs." I hear her say with a sigh, while she walks out of the room.

I keep my eyes closed for a few minutes, savouring what's left of sleep over me.

Eventually, I bring myself to open my eyes, remembering what's on for today, causing me to instantly shoot up out of bed, and run to the shower.

"The cruise, the cruise." I repeat in my head, causing me to wash myself quicker than usual, as well as my hair.

Once I step out, I quickly sprint over to my wardrobe, putting on undergarments and picking out the first thing I see, which happens to be a grey strappy jumpsuit.

I put on the soft material, liking the feel of it against my skin, while brushing out my hair to sit against my waist in natural waves.

Knowing there's no time for carefully applied makeup, I squeeze a tinted moisturiser on my hand, applying to my face.

I grab a pair of beige sandals and I'm sprinting down the stairs.

"Dad, Maria, I never packed!" I yell, while I see their worried expressions slowly turning into relieved ones.

"It's okay, I already packed your bag, now hurry up!" Maria exclaims, while she leads me out the door, dad carrying luggage.

"Dad, you need help?" I say with a smile, turning back to look at him.

"Yeah, just take yours darl, I think it's probably the heaviest." He says with a chuckle.

I playfully smile while holding my luggage, dragging it across the ground to the car.

***

I stare outside the window in awe, the city buildings never failing to impress me, as well as the neverending action happening in it. There's always something happening in the city.

We continue to drive down the busy roads, while eventually making our way to a big boat harbour, the massive cruise ships doing a greater deal of impressment than the buildings.

What finally seems like forever of, checking in, and checking bags, we finally board the boat.

By then I'm extremely tired, and once we get checked into our room, I'm ecstatic, knowing I can rest.

"Oh Fredrick, it's beautiful." I hear Maria gush to my dad.

And she's right. It is a beautiful room.

The walls are a modern brown, matching the headboard of the kingsized bed, while the ceiling is a white marble, so that it almost reflects anything beneath it, and if that didn't shock me enough, right in the centre of the ceiling is a crystal chandelier, making my jaw drop at the sight.

"Well, I am lagged, so I'm gonna sleep right here." I say with a smile, already snuggling into the white sheets and cuddling a silk yellow pillow.

"Don't you want to see your room?" I hear my dad ask, making my eyes shoot open and sit up to look at them.

"My room?"

My dad nods with a growing smile while Maria does the same, bringing up her hand to rub his back.

We enter a door that is not far from their room, and it surprisingly looks the same, but a slight tinge of teenager has been in it, judging by the less-sophisticated feel and a towel in a shape of an animal placed on the bed makes me love it even more.