Chapter Fifty Two

Jennifer

We were all sitting eating our Christmas dinner at the table and I could tell there was something up with Jess.

"Jess are you okay?" I whispered to her, she was sitting beside me."I'm fine." She lied. It was obvious."Jessica I know you're lying...." "I'll tell you later." I nodded and continued to eat my Christmas dinner. "Thanks girls, it was delicious." Jaden said to us. We all thanked him and he went to put his plate away. "The guys are doing the dishes." Carly added in smirking. "We'll it's only fair." I trailed off, laughing a little afterwards. The guys rolled their eyes and took our plates while we all went int the sitting room. The movie 'Matilda' was on so we just sat down and watched it. Me and Jess were on the sofa and Rachael and Carly were each on there own chair.
"So Jess what's up?" I asked desperate to get an answer out of her. "I-I just..." She trailed off."It's okay Jess, you know you can tell me anything." "I don't think I'm ready to get married to Jaden." It would crush him if he found out that she didn't really want to marry him. But I couldn't say that of course. "I don't know why I said yes I think I was just shocked. Did you feel like that about Jason?" "Honestly? No.." I trailed. "I was so glad when Jason proposed, and I wanted to because we also have a son. Jess you can't keep that a secret you have to tell him that you aren't ready for it."
"I'm scared though. What am I meant to say? Oh and Jaden I don't want to marry you!?" She asked with a bit of attitude. "Jess calm down. You just had to tell him that you aren't ready to be married yet. He loves you, he'll understand." I replied honestly and calmly. She shook her head and put her head in her hands. Just then, the boys walked in. "What we watching?" Jason asked walking in and sitting next to me."Matilda." I replied. "What's wrong with Jess?" Jason whispered so that only I could hear."I'll tell you later." He nodded and continued to scroll through the channels. "Did you do the dishes then?" I asked him."Surprisingly yes." I laughed and laid my head on is shoulder. He kissed my temple and stopped at a channel which had Mission Impossible on. We all sat and watched the movie, occasionally making conversation with one an other while Alex was playing with his toys.

*Later On That Day*

Jason

Everyone could tell that there was something wrong with Jess, even me. She just didn't look comfortable around Jaden. "Jess are you okay?" I asked her breaking the ice."F-Fine." Lie.

"You stutter when you lie." I stated simply, it's true she does."It doesn't matter!" She snapped. I held my hands up in defense."I'm tired, night guys." Jen said getting up off the sofa and walking towards the stairs."Yeah I'm going to sleep too." I said following her up. I put on some sweatpants and took off my shirt laying next to Jen and wrapping my arm around her waist. "So then, what's the matter with Jess?" I asked her."She told me she isn't ready to marry Jaden. I told her she needs to tell him soon because he's going to be crushed." That must suck. Having the girl you're engaged to tell you that she doesn't want to marry you. "Yeah, he really loves her. He's going to be crushed.""That's why I don't want to tell him.." I heard Jess say from the door. She opened it and walked in."Guys I don't know how to tell him." She admitted, continuously looking between me and Jennifer. "You want me to tell him don't you?" She looked at me and nodded. I sighed before walking out of the room and towards Jaden's room."Jaden I have something to tell you." "Yeah what's up?" He asked. "Jess has been talking to us-""Us?" "Me and Jennifer. And she's told us that she isn't ready to marry you.." I trailed off, recieving nothing but silence in return.

20 VOTES AND 10 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE!!!

I really appreciate it when you guys give me feedback, so please drop some comments.