Chapter one

Two twin sisters sat up in their bed at five in the morning. They had to much excitement on their minds to fall asleep. Today was their birthday! Summer picked up her giant teddy bear and squeezed it tight in her arms. "I wonder what we're getting!" Mary said nearly rolling off the bed as she did a small backwards somersault. "I know what we're getting!" Summer grinned in delight as Mary pleaded for the answer. "What! Tell me! You little snitch! Did you peek?" "We're getting guinea pigs!" "How do you know?" "Because that's the only thing that we asked for!" Mary rolled on her back giggling. "Are you sure that's what we're getting?" "Almost positive!" "Lets get up and wake mom and dad!" They got out of bed and slipped on their robes and slippers. Summer raced up and banged on mom and dad's bedroom door. "Hi! Are you forgetting someone! Us! Its our birthday!" They opened the door and leaped onto the bed. Mary landed on dad making him grunt. Mom shot up thinking the cat brought in a living animal again. "Jackson- Summer! Mary! What are you doing!" She glanced at the clock that sat on her dresser. "Oh my goodness! I know you're excited but its five am!" Summer and Mary slid off the bed the lights now on. "Sorry. We're so excited! We need our presents now!" Mom and dad sat up and rubbed their eyes. "But if you do it now you can't do it later!" Summer and Mary looked at each other a puzzled expression on their faces. "But doesn't our birthday last all day?" "Sure. But there is only one present time." "Can we have one present now and save the others for later?" Mom sighed. "If we let you have one present now will you go back to bed or at least stay in your own room until wake up time?" "Yeah! We want the best present now!" Both girls winked at each other. Mom pulled the covers off her now cold legs and went to the basement. "Stay here! I'm bringing you your best present!" Soon mom came back up with a big box with a towel draped over it. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you-" the box was snatched out of her hands and opened before you could say; Guinea pigs! "Guinea pigs!" The girls found two tiny baby guinea pigs crammed in the corner of the box. "Oh my word!" "Their so adorable!" "Mine!" "Mine!" Mary and Summer grabbed them and raced out the room slamming their bedroom door behind them. "I'm naming mine Audrey!" Mary said as soon as they flung themselves on the bed. Audrey was dark brown with a white chest. "Hmm... Aridella!"Aridella  was caramel colored. "So far this has been the best birthday ever!"