MUSCLE OF THE SHOW

I know you've pictured your favorite series coming to life before. Well, share your dream with us!

MUSCLE OF THE SHOW SECTION:

1. Would the show stick strictly to the books, no outside creative involvement? Or would the director be able to add and cut scenes for dramatic/comedic/suspenseful/romantic effect?

2. When a lot of time passes with nothing super interesting going on--Calypso's island, for instance--how would you show the passage of time?

3. What specific few scenes would you be excited to see on the big screen?

4. You would be infuriated if they cut which minor character(s)?

5. Would the characters be allowed to curse in English/Ancient Greek or not? Consider your audience.

6. Rick's series is targeted towards children and adolescents. Would you change the audience the TV show is targeting? Think about how well it would do in terms of ratings and finances for each audience.

7. Any lines that you must have one of the characters say? This line can be from any of the books or a line you made up.

8. If it were live action, where would the filming take place? Can be more than one place. [Note: does not necessarily have to be in New York. Keep in mind, Camp Half-Blood is in a valley, which could be shot in plenty of locations]

9. Wardrobe: The books seem to make it out like Annabeth never changes out of her camp T-shirt for five years, but that can't be true... Is there a certain outfit you picture a character wearing?

10. With today's technology, how do you picture Iris messages on TV? It would probably be a little different than the books.

11. How do you picture visits to the oracle? Would the green fog create images that talk? Would Percy stare into her eye sockets and be shown an image?

12. At age 14 Percy and Annabeth had their first kiss, in The Battle of the Labyrinth. How would it happen onscreen?

13. What would be the opening scene for the entire series, in The Lightning Thief? Would it be like the movie, where they introduce the conflict immediately? Would it be Percy narrating the iconic intro as the camera overlooks New York? Would it be Percy dreaming about the gods and waking in a cold sweat? Be creative.

14. The ending of the series! It ends with Annabeth saying "I'll race you to the road" at the top of Half-Blood Hill. They both run off and for the first time, Percy doesn't look back. Would you have the TV series end like this?

15. Of course, you need a massive cliffhanger to set up the next series. What would your cliffhanger look like?

Almost done! Continue on to the next section, to refine your ideas and figure out how to gather an audience for your show.