Chapter 13: Easy Love

Riker

Miranda and I sat on the couch watching NCIS, holding hands and leaning on each other's shoulders. Every time Ducky, the doctor who did the autopsies, made an incision, she would wince and hide in my chest. I'd laugh, call her a wimp and stroke her hair, telling her how she would never make it as an NCIS agent. Just before we could find out who poisoned Tony with the white powder, Ryland turned the corner and excitedly sat down next to us, engrossed in the show. "Hey Ry," I said, unable to take my eyes off the screen. He said nothing, but as soon as the show went to commercial, he spoke up and wouldn't stop. "So guys, there's a party tonight. Everyone's coming. Which means you have to, also." Miranda seemed pretty excited about the idea. I, on the other hand, wasn't. See, the thing was, every time there was a party, someone got drunk and someone got some action. And then that someone had a two day hangover and the other someone couldn't walk for those two days, so it got us completely off schedule and was a total mess. Last time, it was Rocky and Laura. Before that it was Rydel and Ellington, and way before that it was Vanessa and Ross. And I was always left out to sit at a table and watch my brothers make out with some slutty looking babes. I mean, I shouldn't be saying anything considering last night, but I despised parties in the Lynch household. "Ryland, do I have to? You know I hate it when we have parties." "Yeah, dude! That's why you-" He made a seductive face and raised one eyebrow. "What?" "You know.." He made the face again. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. But I'm not getting drunk this time."

~

Ryland yelled something as I walked downstairs, blinded by strobe lights and deafened by loud music. I looked around the room at all the people, some who had already drank half their bottles. "Miranda?!" I yelled over the loud music. "Riker!" Laura yelled in my ear, even though she was right next to me. "I saw her in the kitchen earlier!" I nodded and sure enough, she was in the kitchen: the quietest place right now. Sitting down beside her, I threw my beer bottle in the trash can. "Why aren't you out there where the music is?" I asked her. She shook her head. "Too loud." She answered flatly. "Why don't I believe that?" I said with a smirk. She laughed but the smile quickly faded. "Hey," I said, showing my concern for her and taking her hand. "What's bothering you?" She refused to tell me. "Tell me. I've got nothing better to do." She sighed. "It's embarrassing." She whispered. "You're hurting down there, aren't you?" I knew the answer. She always did this when she was hurt, emotional or physical, and why else would she be hurting in an 'embarrassing' way? "H-how'd you know?" She said shyly. "Come on. What else?" Miranda smiled and leaned her head on her hand, her eyes slowly closing. "Hey. What d' you say we go down to the basement, make some of that cheesy popcorn you love so much, load up on ice cream and watch your favorite movie?" I suggested, hoping to make her feel better. She perked right up. "Paper Towns?!" She exclaimed. "Whatever you want." I answered. She reached over and gave me a hug. "You're the best." As the words escaped her mouth, I let out a loud breath. "I know."

~

We stood up from the table and made our way to the basement. I looked behind me and realized Miranda was limping. I reached out and offered my hand. She took it, but it didn't help much. I reached under her and picked her up bridal style, making her squeal. She laughed while I spun her around and sped into the basement and kissed her on the forehead, laying her on the couch. I grabbed a few blankets, put popcorn in the microwave, and grabbed two bowls. "What do you want on your ice cream?" I asked her. "Everything." She said casually. I laughed and poured on sprinkles, chocolate sauce, caramel, and a cherry. I sat down next to her on the couch, putting a blanket over my lap. "So Riker," Miranda started. "Who do you think is having sex right now and in what room?" I laughed. "Rocky and Jordan in your room." "Eww, what?!" She squealed. "What?! You know they're together," I said. She nodded, unable to disagree. The loud THX noise scared us out of our conversation. As the movie started, I wrapped my arm around Miranda's shoulder and handed her the bowl of popcorn. She took a piece and threw it up in the air, trying to catch it in her mouth. It fell onto her chest and into her shirt. "I'LL GET IT!!" I yelled. "Pervert!" She screamed and we both laughed until our faces were red. She leaned her head on my shoulder after kissing me on the neck.

~

Rydel

Ratliff pulled me into Miranda's room by the wrist, slamming me against the door. Our kisses became even more heated as my hands ran all over his body. He reached under my tight shirt and ran his hands along the skin under it. He pulled the shirt up and off. I took his off as we ran into the wall and rolled onto the bed. I ran my frail fingers through his soft hair, moaning into his kisses. He broke the kiss and kissed along my neck to my chest. He whispered in my ear, "Don't tell Riker."