December 12th 2002

"Luke please pack your bags, we're leaving in two days." My mom yells from downstairs. I plopped on my bed. What has my life become? I can't hold a straight conversation with my friends anymore. They all hate me now for some reason.

"Yes mom, I just need to pack my mixtapes." I yell back.

I put my stuff into my duffel bag. I pick up a Bon Jovi tape and carefully placed it into the bag.

See my family isn't the richest, therefore my parents can't even pay the rent anymore. So, a couple of months back, they decided to move in with my aunt Stella, all the way up in America. It's quite a change for a sixteen years old, moving to a complete other country. Will I even make friends? Will they like the same music as me? Will they like my clothes? My voice? My ugh. Stop worrying Luke, it'll be just fine. But will it really be? Will I really fit in?

"Yo mate." I hear a voice. I look up to see my friends Calum and Ashton, probably the only ones Ihave left.

"Aye guys." I say in a hushed voice. Those two boys never left my side even when I was a complete jerk. 

They both came to sit with me.

"Look Luke, you can't leave us now, you're too far into this shit." Ashton said.

"Mate you can't just leave all the business to ourselves. You're just as much in it as us." Calum added.

"Dudes it's not my fault. I can't stay, I have to go with my parents. I'll do my part of the contract don't worry about it." In the bottom of my heart, I knew I wouldn't do it. I knew I wouldn't be able to bear the pain.

"Calum you're dad's here to pick you up." I hear my dad yell.

"Yes M. Hemmings, I'm coming." He replied. "I'll come back tomorrow. You better do what you have to do. Ash you're coming with me?" He told me.

"Yea mate. Bye Luke."

"Bye boys." I waved. I waited in my room until I heard the front door close and Calum's dad's car drive away. I rushed downstairs.

"Dad?" I ask.

"Yes son, what's the matter?" He asked looking up from his newspaper.

"Can we leave tonight?" I ask.

He looked stunned. "Why are you asking Luke?"

"Well we're already to leave and I'm so excited to go in America. Hopefully I'll make some friends." I fake cheered.

He gave me a look as if I was crazy.

"Well let me talk to your mom." He said.

I sat down on the couch as my dad got up to go see my mom. I heard them chitchat, and move from room to room.

"Luke come here!" My mom says.

I hurried into the kitchen and stood in front of my parents.

"Yes mom?" I ask innocently.

"We're going to leave in 2 hours so be ready." My father ordered.

***

Three hours later

"Last call for flight 302B destination Washington." I hear the flight intendant speak through a speaker. My parents take their luggages and hurry to the boarding gate. We happened to get last minute plane tickets. I followed my parents to the plane entrance and sat down at the seat that was designated for me. I put my ACDC tape into my walkman and put my earphones on. I slowly drifted to sleep, not worrying about what would happen in America. I mean it's a new life, a new Luke. Nothing from my past life could come rushing into my new future, right?

I woke up by a someone shaking my shoulders.

"M. Hemmings, your flight has arrived to destination."A nice lady with burgundy purple hair told me in a whisper. I nod and turned off my walkman, placing it carefully into my duffel bag. I slanged my bag over my head and left the a plane. My dad was waiting for me by the gate. I waved at him and joined him rapidly.

"Aye dad, how are you?" I ask.

"Oh I'm pretty good. Your mother had to use the restrooms. She should be out any minutes now." He answered me.

I nod again and waited for my mom. After a few minutes I spotted her long blonde weave. She smiled at us and told us to hurry up or we'll miss our cab.

We picked up our big luggages and headed out of the airport. A man,about 6 foot tall, was holding a pannel with the word Hemmings written on it. My parents must've paid a lot for this luxury. I mean a taxi is not the cheapest thing and the fact that my parents actually spent so much on a cab is actually sort of overwhelming.

----------------------------------------------

YOYOYOYO WHAT IS UP WATTPADERS!! I updated... finally lol.

so ON THIS VERY TUESDAY I HAD THE CHANCE TO SEE 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER LIVE AT THE MCA. THEY WERE JUST BEAUTIFUL AND LIKE I HAD AN AMAZING TIME.

MEH MEH
-abby <3