Chapter 4

Chapter 4- Talking to Jason

"Hi.." I thought I'd be really shy around him, but surprisingly I really wasn't. For a couple seconds I just stood here staring at him and admiring his features. He had beautiful green eyes that you could get lost into for hours. Thick brunette hair and a jawed face. He's what most people would call gorgeous.

"Are you okay miss?" he asked. I immediately found myself blushing. He must think I'm a creep now. Great going Vanessa.

"Just call me Vanessa..sorry for staring at you like that..." He just stared at me, a little surprised.

"What's so shocking?" I didn't think I said anything bad...

"Nothing. It's just no ones ever said sorry or anything nice to any of us, and to think the daughter of the most known person in the world is saying that to me...it's strange."

"Who's us?" I asked.

"The second to last rank of the caste system, of course. You know about the caste system. Right?" A caste system? I had no idea there was a caste system! I made a mental note to ask my parents about it later.

"Yeah. I know about it. I was just saying," I mumbled. I felt so stupid.

Jason could tell I was fibbing, but thankfully, he dismissed it.

"Here we are," I looked up to see what Jason was pointing at. I was stunned from what I saw. It was a building that had to be at least five-hundred stories high!

"This is the tallest building in the world. It is also the most visited place on the planet. It's called Le Bâtiment Le Plus Haut. It's French for 'The Tallest Building," he told me.

It made me dizzy just looking at it. As much as I hate to say it, I'm scared of a lot of things. But I can't stand heights at all.

"Are you scared?" Jason asked. I shook my head. I wasn't going to let some building put me down.

Jason Hunter
:::::::::::::::::::

I could tell Vanessa was lying when she said wasn't scared. Her pale face gave that away. I could tell she knew nothing about the caste system either. But how is that possible? Everyone knew about it! Whatever it was, I didn't pressurize her on it.

Even though Vanessa didn't want to go in the building, I sure did. Our ranking in the caste is not aloud to go in unless we have a job in there. Obviously I don't. But since I was the assistant of THE Vanessa Miller, I would be allowed to go in. I know I was being selfish, but this is a once in a lifetime chance for me!

Without thinking, I grabbed Vanessa's hand and started walking in. That was a big mistake. Cameras flashed from paparazzi I didn't even know were there! I could just imagine the next issue of People magazine.

Vanessa Miller has a Relationship with a Low Caster?!

I quickly let go of her hand. I didn't want to lose my job when I just got it. And who knows? Vanessa might get into trouble because of me!

I turned to see her reaction. I thought she would be pale again, but she was actually the opposite. She was red. I guess she didn't like her life being invaded.

To my surprise, she held my hand again, and walked into the building with her head up high.

Hey guys! What do you think? Vanessa doesn't let anything or anyone bring her down. Jason on the other hand seems to be struggling from this caste system...what is it? Anyways, vote and comment any suggestions!
Bye!
-CrystalDiamonds