Make You Feel My Love

{Michael}

Good Lord! I never felt so emotionally attached to one human being in my life. Jasmine was the epiphany of my heart. She was surely a woman of grace and beauty. She kissed me. Our lips connected in ways not like the first or the second time. She was willing, and I wasn't letting go until she pulled away. Very gently I held the small of her back with one hand and my other held the back of her head. She rested her palms on my shoulder and gave me her mouth. Gentle and soft strokes I felt of her flesh. She kissed me back not holding on to the apprehension like before. We were soulfully connected tonight. On this beach. On our first date. If it could remain tonight forever I would go to heaven a happy man. Slowly our kiss ended and I couldn't take my eyes away  from her and my hand remained on the small of her back. Her lips were misted by our kiss and her face a slight flush of red. She shied away from me looking down at her hands, but I lifted her chin with my free hand and I looked into her eyes.

"No. I always want you to look at me no matter what. Can you do that for me?" I ask stroaming my thumb over her plump redden cheeks.

"Yes." She says faintly with a nod of her head.

" You didn't have to kiss me, but I..." I chuckled biting into my lip. " I'm blessed that you did. I'm happy you didn't pull away from what you wanted. You did want to kiss me, right?"

" I did, Michael. You just might not want to kiss me ever again once I tell you everything." She says a little less confident from moments ago.

I take her hands in mine fixing my eyes directly on hers. "There's nothing you can ever tell me that will make me not want the touch of your lips. Jasmine, I've thought about this night even before I asked you for this date. You didn't runaway from me knowing the man I use to be, and I won't runaway from you once you open up to me, and if you don't want to tell me anything ,nothing will change." I tell her holding her hand circling my thumb across her knuckles

" You really mean that, don't you?" The brightness has returned in her eyes. I can feel her strength. She's gaining her confidence again.

" I mean every word. I'll never lie to you. I swear."

 She takes a breath and I think now she's ready to give in. She's ready to let me know her, and no matter how bad it is, nothing would ever detour the feelings I have for her. Her lips agape, but her words didn't come so easy at first. I sat there reposed. This was her moment and I wasn't going to interfere. I would let her be honest at her own pace. If it took until the sun came up three days later we would remain on this blanket, her wrapped in my coat, with her dress hugging her body until she said her truth. Her grasp on my hand tightened and I knew soon I'd know her everything. She  was ready to trust me and my heart was racing ready to claim her love. I was important enough to her now, and finally I would know who Jasmine Kendrick  really was.

An hour later we walk in silence from the beach to the car. Her words weren't humorous at all. She was still in pain three years later. I ached for every year, every second she was haunted with the memory of that fatal night. No child...No human should ever have to witness such events, but she endured and she's a beautiful woman now. When her first tear wept from her eye I wanted to die. I would've died  for her if it meant she could be happy and not suffer the loss she had. My thumb claimed her tear, but more invaded her face as she relived that night telling me every detail from her mother's last words to the popping sound of the gun. I quickly pulled her in my arms and held her close. Her face rested on my chest and I buried my face in her hair ultimately making a mess of it disheveling the way she had it pinned up. She sniffles softly pulling away from my chest and her hair falls over her face. I pull my fingers through her roots pulling her hair back so I could see her eyes. I held her face in both my of hands and say to her she doesn't have to go on with her truth. She refuses my suggestion and tell me the rest of the details of her life. Now we're here walking hand in hand approaching my car as I open the passenger door for her. I couldn't say I was sorry because that wouldn't fix her pain. I could only do what I was capable of doing and that's to suffocate her with love. It was the best I could do. We'd been driving all of ten minutes before we passed any words to one another.  I swear I didn't know what I would say. I just intended to let the words flow without a second thought; generally speaking from my heart.