Date? Maybe?

After Lunch he had finished it. (photo above) He sat with me and Em.  The day went by rather quickly. Ben would touch it up as he saw me in the hallway. Em said, "It's a sign!" I think she is going crazy. There is no way that this gorgeous man is into me at all. Plus, why would he look at me when he had my sister. Granted my sister is cruel to him.

One day, maybe one day I'll find a man that loves me for me and I'll love him. Then, maybe, just maybe I'll finally get to receive a love letter.

                                                                   ~~~~~~one week later~~~~~~~

"Kathrine, wait up!" Em was shouting behind me. I didn't go to her house today because Sarah went to talk to Ben this morning and I didn't think i could stomach it. I mean I have been with him almost non-stop for a week now. But to see him tonguing my sister. I don't think i could handle it. I didn't tell Em or Ben that I wasn't coming. I left early to clear my head. I did a bit of running before i ended up at the bus stop. I was just thinking of an alternate universe where Ben was with me and not my sister. I was happy for a short while.

Emily finally showed up at my side, where she sat. "Hey." She said, out of breath. "Why didn't you come over?" I looked over at her. "Oh, right. I forgot. Sorry." She turned away, looking at what seemed to be nothingness.

We just sat there, not talking. She knew what was wrong and she let me have my silence. Well, that was until we heard Sarah. If Sarah was here that means Ben is behind her somewhere. I grabbed my phone and pretended to be busy on it. I put my headphones in and turned it up really high.

 Someone sat right next to me, instantly i knew who it was. He sat really close to me, but it was a bit chilly out today. I would know cause my butt may be frozen to the ground! I really hope not cause that would be embarrassing. 

Ben elbowed me. I looked up and reached for my earphone, but he shook his head and pointed to the bus. He basically told me, 'no need to take them out. I'm just telling you that the bus is coming.' With that, he stood up and grabbed his bag and my own bag. Why he does this I don't know. 

We sat in our usual seat, but we didn't speak the whole time. We are the first bus stop so the bus wasn't yet warmed up. So I picked my legs up and flung them on Ben and curled up into his side. This would have been nerve racking and I never would have done this, but since we have been friends forever this was kinda normal. Though we haven't done this in a long, long time, but still.

He, then, proceeded to wrap one arm around me and the other on my thigh. My skin instantly got warm. Not only is he warm, but now my crush has his hand on me and I'm getting the butterflies. I thought about what Sarah would think if she saw this, but she was sitting up front talking to some guy who was sitting next to her. So, I proceeded to lay my head on his shoulder. 

Emily was sitting next to us, across the aisle, with James. Some boy she met at school,  who lives a few blocks from us. He wasn't a bad guy. He was actually very sweet. If Ben and I ever dated and James and Emily dated, then we could totally double date. Though double dates seemed kinda stupid to me. It's basically each couple is showing affection toward their significant other and whomever can one up the other by the end of the night is kinda like the winner. That won't be us. We will be the same has we always have been! 

Ben stayed like that for a while. Then, he tapped me. I pulled my earphones out, while still laying on his shoulder. "Yes?" I whispered.

I'm surprised he actually heard me. "Hey, wanna hang out tonight?" He whispered.

I'm shocked, I should respond to him. "Um, sure. What do you wanna do? Watch a movie? Go work out?"

"Um, I was thinking we could go to dinner and we could just hang out. Is that okay?"

Is this like a date? Maybe he is asking me out. No, he wouldn't he is dating my sister. Has horrible as she is to him, he would never do that to her. "Yeah, that's fine!" I say, before I talk myself out of it. He smiled, and he pulled me closer to him. He looked out the window and just grinned so big, it was like the best thing that ever happened to him. Though i think maybe it was just a funny joke that came to mind.