Chapter 3

2 Weeks later

Evan's POV

I'm sitting down on the cold hard floor, wondering of all the things that could happen tomorrow, my thoughts are eventually going to kill me.  i slowly make my way to the kitchen, Evelyn's not there. i search the apartment for her, until i hear her voice from the spare room, this is were she does her artwork. "I have to be honest with you. I think about you a lot. All the time, actually. In the morning, at night, in the middle of the day. It's you. It's just always you" She's watching a video, a video we took on our first date. 

Flashback

"what are you doing? " i ask smiling, "I'm taking a video, its our first date anyway. who's knows we might want to look back onto this day" she said and started recording. "Okay, now that I'm recording, I'm going to ask you a question, and you have to be honest with me. or i'll know" she said shaking the phone. "alright hit me." i said stepping closer. "hmm, um how often do you think of me?" she said, tucking a lose strand of hair behind her ear. "okay well, I have to be honest with you. I think about you a lot. All the time, actually. In the morning, at night, in the middle of the day. It's you. It's just always you" i said then i smashed my lips onto hers.

I can't believe she kept that video, and why is she watching it now. As i'm about to knock, hear her starting to cry, she keeps saying she's sorry, i walk in and she turns around in shock. her eyes are puffy and she is surrounded by bags, all of her artwork is covered and i start to panic. "Eve, whats going on, are you ok?" i say running over to her. "I'm, sorry, I'm so sorry." she whispers into my chest. "why are you sorry, what did you do" 

she wipes her eyes and looks down, "my art piece got accepted," she exclaimed. "thats great ba.." "and I'm moving to England because of it" she said cutting me off. as the words left her mouth "I'm moving" my heart stopped beating. i was speechless, "wha, um hmm" i was lost for words.  "what do you mean, leaving?" i ask as my whole body started to go numb. " I didn't want to tell you, because i knew you be mad at me and leave me sooner." she said fiddling with her hand, " Evelyn, i won't ever be mad at you for telling me you were leaving, its just a lot to take in right now.  i would never leave you because of something like that, I'm so happy that your art piece got accepted." i said. 

"but why didn't you tell me sooner? and how can you just leave straight away?" i ask with tone in my voice. she explains to me everything, from why she's moving to, when. then i start crying. i was going to prepose tomorrow and she's leaving. "when are you leaving?" i mumble "in 10" she mumbles back. i sniff and start helping her grab her bags. once their all moved to the front door and she calls the taxi driver "are you sure you don't want me to drive you?" i ask " I'm sure, just please promise me you'll stay safe and forget about me" she says. "what! what are you talking about, i thought you were just moving, not breaking up with me. " 

"Im sorry Evan, okay but long distance relationships never work and it will cost us too much money o visit each other all the time" she says on the verge of crying. "i don't give a shit about money E, i love you. i fucking love you,  i have always loved you, ever since you said Hi to me on the first day of school, i looked at you and i knew, you were the one to change my life forever. and you did Eve, you changed my life. i cant lose my best friend" i say in tears.  "I'm sorry Evan, i love you" and with that she runs up to me and jumps into my arms, i hold her, for what might be the last time.

Evelyn's POV

he grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. we stare at each other for what feels like forever, tears streaming down our faces. i low her head in shame, i didn't mean to hurt him, but i knew i would. he lifts my chin so I'm looking at him. his finger tips slide along my back, applying hardly any pressure, yet still sending shock waves down my spine. slowly, his hands move across my skin, down the sides of my stomach to finally rest in the curves of my hips. just below my ear, i feel his lips press against my neck, followed by another kiss just below it, then another, and another.

his lips moved from my neck to my cheek and then finally found my mouth. we kissed with so much passion, wrapping ourselves closer together i felt more alive in that moment then i ever had. i loved him, and on que the taxi showed up. we broke apart, panting. "please don't go" he whispered leaning his forehead onto mine. 

i turned around and walked towards the cab, the taxi guy already put my bags into the trunk. i hope into the cab, and wind down the window. i just watch the broken boy in front of me, "I hope you find someone who knows how to love you when you are sad. please forget about me." i say crying "how can i forget the most important person in the world to me? Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met." he says, his voice cracking. "Then pretend we never met" i say, bowing my head and winding up the window. the driver starts the car and drives off, I can hear his voice yelling from behind the car, for me to come back.

And just like that, everything we had was gone.

A/N

sorry this chapter was short, thanks for reading. hope you like it!!!

Btw if you got confused, her nickname are both 

EVE and E