Chapter 2: Percy

Ugh, I feel so lame, xD I AM LAME. I'm such a lousy writer. :c But here's the chapter anyway. :D

Chapter 2: Percy

I rubbed my eyes as Annabeth passed me a bowl of macaroni and cheese. I took the bowl in my hands and slowly moved the spoon to my mouth. My eyes zoned in on the bowl of cheesy goodness. There were small specks there; small colorful, square specks in the cheesy sauce. I cocked an eyebrow as I put it in my mouth, it was probably some herb or secret ingredient or something. 

I chewed once. Hm, this cheese tastes weird, it has a slightly metallic flavor to it. I shrugged it off as I chewed again and my tongue moved the macaroni around. Something sharp caught on my tongue. Wait, this is wrong. Macaroni and cheese was supposed to be soft

I quickly spit it all over the meeting table in the big house. Every one looked at me with disgust, well, everyone except Annabeth. She was trying to hold back her laughter. Wait- 

My eyes widened as I inspected my spit. I looked closely at the specks. I furrowed my eyebrows together. Those aren't herbs, they're-

"Tiny metal squares, cheese, and macaroni. Underwood family special," Grover announced proudly. He was wearing a chef hat and "Kiss The Chef" apron. He used a green "Save Nature" shirt and no shoes, or pants. 

I coughed, "You made me eat metal squares and-" but I was cut off.

"Oh! Those are not any metal squares! They were first marinated in soggy poker cards, cheese, and herbs! Then they were cut into small pieces. And then you mix them into Mississippi River Water! I have bottles of them delivered to me just for this occasion! Delicious, aren't they?" Grover said cheerfully.

My face turned green as I thought about my self eating those dirty Mississippi water. What if it was catfish pee? Did Grover not sense how polluted the water was? And soggy poker cards? Is he out of his mind? I am going to rip that goatee of his chi-

"Eww, what' up with the nasty smelling metal?" a girl asked from the entrance of the Big House. I turned to the direction of the voice and saw Hazel.

"Hazel!" Annabeth said enthusiastically. She hurriedly ran over to give the proud daughter of Hades a hug.

"I've missed you so much!" Annabeth chattered off endlessly.

"Blah, blah, blah, I'm a girl and I can't stop gossiping and giggling because that's what girls do, blah, blah, blah," I mimicked while doing talking hand gestures. Annabeth turned to give me a glare. She stopped talking to Hazel and walked over to me. She lifted her hand and flicked the back of my head. 

"Oww," I complained. I rubbed the tender bruise and winced. Damn, that woman was strong.

"You deserved it," she said shamelessly. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, just like I deserved choking on metal squares for breakfast." Annabeth's eyes softened evidently.

"Metal squares? Was that  the nasty smell?" Hazel asked as she listened into our conversation.

"It wasn't nasty! It's delicious! Good in protein and healthy for the environment, too! Much better than that Whopper business Percy keeps talking about!" Grover informed Hazel. The latter raised her eyebrows as she gave off a smirk. Two strong arms wrapped around Hazel's waist as a head full of dark hair lay itself on her shoulder. I pretended to gag but Annabeth slapped me upside the head again, though softer than the last time.

"Mmm, you're cooking again, Grover?" Frank asked as he placed a chaste kiss on Hazel's cheek. The latter's face darkened with color.

"Yes! I knew you would appreciate my cooking skills, Frank! You should really try the maccaroni I made Percy! All the satyrs love it!" Grover chatted enthusiastically. I snorted. Yeah, Grover had some great cooking skills. Note sarcasm. A certain paled face, black haired boy tried to walk in as quietly as he could.  I raised my eyebrow.