Chapter 3: Annabeth

Hey. :D Since I yesterday was the first time I updated in a long time, I feel very guilty so I'll update again. AND, TOMORROW'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. So, I'll update more frequently. Since I'll have no school work and annoying 'bestfriends' to hold me back. ;)

Enjoy. ;D

Chapter 3: Annabeth

I looked up at the ceiling as I fell backwards onto my pillow. I rub my cranky eyes as I let out a yawn.

My Dadaelus laptop was lying on my stomach. The blue outline on the front lighting up the dim Athena cabin.

I couldn't fall asleep after Chiron's announcement last night. I had already packed everything I needed.

Wasn't this what you wanted? A life in the real world? a voice whispered to me in the back of my head.

Yeah, I had wanted a life in the real world. But I was going to miss Camp-Halfblood. This was my home when my dad didn't want me. This place provided me shelter and warmth. I learned a lot here. I learned how to protect myself. 

"Stop it Annabeth. You're going to cry," I scolded myself. I could already feel the tears brimming my eyes. My lips formed a natural pout as I thought about all the memories I made here.

I wiped a hand on my eyes to rid the tears. 

And that was how I slowly fell asleep.

Crying until fatigue finally took over me in the early hours of the morning.

- Later-

"Annabeth," a scratchy voice whispered to me. I felt their hot breath fan against my face. I scrunched up my nose at the disgusting morning breath. Definitely something I wanted to wake up to in the morning, I thought to myself sarcastically.

"Annabeth," the voice said a little louder. I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me.

"Mmm, go away," I groaned. The voice chuckled.

"Annabeth," it teased, "wake up." Urrgh, can't they just leave me alone? I heard a sigh.

"ANNABETH." the voice commanded loudly. 

"Urrggh, WHAT?" I sat up and glared at the blurry silhouette. I rubbed my eyes and saw that it was Percy by my bedside.

He chuckled, "It's time to wake up. We're leaving in an hour."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Leaving? Where?"

"To the new house. Remember? Normal life." 

Oh, right.

"Just give me a few minutes. I need to brush my teeth," I glanced at Percy, "You probably should too. Your breath stinks."

And with that I left a speechless Percy in my cabin.

I stepped out of the cabin and saw that the sun was just beginning to rise. Isn't it a bit to early for moving?

"Crazy horse," I mumbled as I basically sleep walked to the girl's restroom.

I walked in and saw that Piper was the only other person in the restroom.

Of course, it's a rare day off. Who wouldn't sleep in?

I walked to a sink and brushed my teeth. Then I jumped into the shower as Piper looked at me with amused eyes.

I pulled the curtains to block her scrutinizing eyes. I stripped off my pajamas and turned on the hot water. I like my baths extra hot.

After I was done with my shower, I stepped out to see Hazel. She had dark eye bags and she looked like the walking dead. No pun intended.

"What happened?" I asked her with a concerned smile.

She groaned, "Nico happened."

"Nico?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, such a quiet boy. You'd think he's a silent sleeper too, right?" she asked, "Wrong. He snores like a fricking pig." I chuckled. I knew Nico snored. But it couldn't be that loud? 

"Oh believe me, it was. I'm surprised he didn't wake up the whole New York," she rolled her eyes. Guess I spoke my mind out loud.

I shook my head, "I'll be going. Maybe, I'll convince the Hermes kids to steal some coffee into camp for you or something."

She nodded, "Thanks."

I walked out the restroom to see that the sun had already risen, and people were roaming the camp already.

After bribing the Hermes kids, I headed to the Big House. I spied a horse silhouette strolling around the balcony. I walked closer and heard the unmistakable sound of Chiron's records playing.

"Good morning, Chiron," I greeted the centaur pleasantly. He nodded in response. We stayed quiet for a little while before Chiron spoke up.

"Oh, yes, Annabeth. I forgot to tell you guys yesterday that the gods request that I offer the incentive to Clarisse, Travis, and Connor as well. Clarisse declined saying something about wanting to stay here with Chris," I smiled at the couple, "But Mr. Travis and Mr. Connor agreed to attend Goode Highschool. So, Chris will be taking Travis and Connor's position as cabin counselor."

I nodded, "Okay."

Chiron smiled, "Just wanted you to know, Annabeth. How are things between you and Percy?"

I blushed at the name of my boyfriend, "Okay."

"Okay? Why, I'll have to have a little chat with Mr. Jackson. I expect him to treat you better than 'okay'." Chiron said with a twinkle in his eye.

"No, no. T-there's no need for that. Percy treats me great, really," I assured Chiron.

Right them, the horn ran for breakfast time.

"Let's get going shall we? I'm sure Mr. Jackson is wondering where you are," Chiron held a hand out for me.

I held onto his hand and he helped me onto his back.

"Sure he is," I muttered as Chiron rode us to the breakfast area.

Hi. :D This is more of a filler chapter to make up for my late updating, so yeah. xD

And, today my 'bestfriend's' boyfriend talked to me. Used to think he was a jerk. Turns out, I'm not the only one who noticed the lack of communication between between me and my friend. He tried talking to her. And I still don't know her response. :( 

To be honest, I don't really want to 'revive' our friendship. We were so great back then and then she just gave up on it so easily. Guess it didn't mean much to her. So, she's not worth all the trouble. :D

Anyways,

Vote, Comment, and Fan.

Love you guys, 

Mei xoxo