Chapter 2

We sat in the car. His mum seemed like she wanted to talk to me something deep. I couldn't help as I was so tired, I denied and slept.
I reached home. It was all empty. I didn't see anybody around. My stomach was growling at the same time. Nothing was cooked so I just had a pancake and chocolate shake. My body was aching and eyes were shutting so I hurried to my room and took a nap.

I woke up. My room all messed up. My wardrobe was all on floor. My books, perfumes and other stuff was all lying all over the room like someone has come to steal something.
My senses knew who this bloody person could be. I didn't have energy to deal with that a**hole. My anger was quite intense.I rushed downstairs to figure out.
And my alien like 17 year old cousin, Sabrina gave a dead stare. I paid no mind to her. My aunt just looked like a red monster. Her scariest appearance showed clear that she was at her maximum temper.

She came to me in an aggressive manner and grabbed my collars. Her spit drooling in droplets over my face. My heart was about to fail.
"What do you think of yourself you nasty thing? " my aunt shouted.
"Wh-what happened??" Fear was running through my nerves. Tears wetting my eyes.
"Oh yeah, so you think you can do whatever?" Sabrina said in her loudest voice.
"I didn't do anything Okay!!"
"Mum, I think we should stab her in the mouth maybe then she will speak out."
"What the hell? What did I just bloody do to you?"
Sabrina held a golden sparkling dress and threw over my head.
"This.. This is what you did Miss Athene. You hid mom's client's dress in your closet. You knew mom had her most costly order in times and she had to display it at sharp 2pm. And you know what? Because of you.. just because of your selfishness mom had been insulted in front of the entire staff. Her career is now in danger just because of your raven personality."

I uttered nothing. I knew I was innocent. I knew it was a trap. A trap so that I'll be punished and uncle Ralph would be claimed that I'm a troublemaker and I need to be out of this family. This was nothing new to me.
My tongue was helpless. I couldn't speak anything.

"I hate looking at this ugly frog's face." My aunt said in despair.
I cried out. My soul screaming inside. I fell over her knees as she was on the couch. "Lookk aunt, please believe me. I did not do anything. I haven't done anything."
Aunt looked at me. Her eyes were filled with hatred and anger. She pushed me back. Really hard. I fell on my head and even got a slight injury. She walked away to her room. "You hurt me the same way as your parents hurt us Athene. No wonder you have the same quality. It's all you're fault and you're disapproving it."
Her words hurt me like needles on my skin. Thorns over my heart. I was melting. I was breathless. I couldn't stop crying. "Filthy person!" Sabrina uttered and left.

Hours passed. I didn't eat anything. Didn't talk to anyone. I was lonely. I had no clue what life wants. Why am I surviving? Why don't I just die?
I really wanted to speak to someone. I had no one except Dexter. My own brother.
He was a graduated and a well mannered guy. He does a part time job at an Embassy. He shares a room with some bachelors. Old Way Hill park is our spot where we meet. I called him up and begged to meet me. I silently set off to the park.
I waited for Dexter. "Sup sissy?!", I heard his manly voice. I turned over and hugged him. "Aye? You alright? What happened? " "Uhh... bro it's that witch again! Sabrina held me in deep trouble. I'm pretty sure she hid the dress in my wardrobe and put the blame on me. She's freakin' jealous and is still avenging me. I'm so messed up man! " "Ohh. Calm down for now please. We will see it. Just look at yourself, you look like a sick rat. Let's have something refreshing."
We had some snacks and smoothies. "I feel so much better bro. Seriously these people want to kill me. But they don't let it happen because of that promise. Or else.." "Shush up. Let it be. I know, one day we will have our own control. I promise you too sis.. Let me just get rich enough then we will leave these devils. Just wait."
"I know that. Don't know if I'll survive that far."

We were on a hilltop. My bro is the first and the last thing I incredibly love and trust. We both have been kicked out of our family. I was the youngest among my siblings and Dexter is just before me. We both have different reasons for not owning the family.

"So how's your job going on till now?" "Umm.. pretty well. Yeah." "How much salary do you get? " "That's none of your business, stop questioning me about my work! Alright."
"Okay okay. I don't know what makes you mad whenever I ask you about your work. Fine, I won't be doing it anymore."
"Aye! Sorry man! I'm stressed up. You better go home now, it's gettin' darker."
"You think I would want to see those pure beasts again?" "No choice. You have to go back."
"Okay Bye. Meet me on Friday if you can."
"I'll check if I can. Bye."
I hugged him tight and left.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Thanks! Please vote⭐before continuing.