Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"So where were we?" Ryder asks.

"I was saying that we can try, you know with our relationship thing." I replied.

"That's great."

"So uh do you want to stay for lunch?" I asked.

"Yeah, that would be nice." I got up and decided to make a stir fry.

"Do you want to help me?" Ryder smiled and got up.

We got to work chopping vegetables and preparing the wok and the plates.

We spent lunch talking about his pack and the duties I'd have to do and all the other boring stuff that I needed to know.

"Can we take this slow? I know you've been so patient with me and I'm really grateful, but this is all happening a bit fast."

Ryder nodded, "Of course. Um, it's my parents thirtieth anniversary tomorrow and they're throwing a party and I just thought it been a less formal way to meet them. So you'd meet them as them, not as the Alpha and Luna you know. It would be more relaxed. You don't have to come, I just...um..."

I smiled and said, "I'd love to come." When I said slow, I meant like not joining the pack yet and becoming their Luna and moving with them, so this dinner I was alright with.

"Is Jake Jake coming?" I asked.

"Yes, he's bringing Lily with him."

"Cool, we should talk about what we're going to wear. Is it formal?"

"Semi-formal. I'm sure you'll find something and you'll look beautiful." Ryder said.

I leaned in and gave him a peck on the cheek. "Thanks, you're so sweet." I went to kiss his other cheek and he turned his head at the last moment and kissed me, but pulled back almost immediately because the front door opened and in Jake and Lily came in again.

"Damn why are you two always at it whenever we walk in?" Jake exclaimed. I rolled my eyes. I seemed to be doing this a lot lately.

"Well we're going to my room to discuss dresses for tomorrow evening." I grabbed Lily's arm and dragged her to my room.

After rummaging around in my wardrobe for what seemed like hours we couldn't find anything for either of us.

"How's the hunt going?" Jake stuck his head round my bedroom door and we both groaned. Jake came in with Ryder behind him.

"We can't find anything." I said. What am I going to wear? I'm going to meet Ryder's parents in my underwear at this rate!

"Well I wouldn't mind that, but I doubt my parents would like it." My eyes widened at Ryder's voice. Damn it, I spoke out loud again. I must learnt to control this.

"Oops!" I replied. Ryder's eyes were a shade darker and I knew what he was thinking about. Naughty Ryder!

"Should I call my sister to help you?"

"You have a sister?" I asked him shock. He'd neglected to mention her.

"Yeah, she's lovey, very bubbly and kind of energetic." He laughed as if remembering something.

"That'd be nice and very helpful." I said, Ryder smiled and walked out my room his phone in hand.

A few minutes later a lively girl was in my bedroom, insulting Ryder and complimenting me.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you. Ryder didn't tell me how pretty you were, well he doesn't tell me much. You know he only just told me he had found his mate. Can you believe that?" I liked her instantly. "Well my name's Emma."

"It's lovely to meet you, I'm Alexis Myer." I said my second name without thinking, her face looked thoughtful for a second before she continued talking about dresses and the party. I let out a breath.

"I love you clothes, but I think I have the perfect dresses for you two girls at my place. Come on, Ryder bought me a little cottage. It's magical."

I laughed as she tugged both me and Lily along with her. Ryder whispered in my ear as we went past,

"I told you she was lively."

"Ssh Ryder. Now come along." Ryder rolled his eyes, but follow with Jake in tow.

Emma was right, her cottage was magical. It was fairly small, but she said she was planning to extend it and she'd recently had a walk in wardrobe put in. She led us to her bedroom and opened some mirror double door to reveal the most beautiful dresses I'd ever seen. They were all different colours and patterns and shone like sweet in a sweetie store. My mouth hung open, I glanced at Lily and saw her expression was the same as mine.

Emma shooed the boys out and made them go and put on tuxes. She said that because it was semi-formal the guys didn't have to wear a tie or a jacket even. I was kind of taken aback by all of this.

"You can choose any dress you want."

We spent ages trying on dresses and matching dresses with shoes and then accessories and decided what we'd do with our hair and then there was the jewellery dilemma. Emma wanted me to wear a statement necklace where I though a smile, small one would go better with the dress.

"I guess we can just ask the guys tomorrow. We wouldn't want to show them now and spoil the surprise of our outfits would we?" I asked. Both Lily and Emma shook their heads.

"That's actually a good idea." Emma said.

I looked at the dress I had picked out. I hadn't originally wanted it, but the girls said it would be perfect for me and they were right. It was a dark pink and I think it had a sweet heart neckline, but where the valley of my breasts where, a strip had been cut out. It was only small and so was still appropriate at a formal event. It went down past my knees I felt pretty in it. I had accessorised the dress with a diamond covered belt just a bit up from my waist. I also wanted to wear a small silver star necklace, but Emma wanted me to wear this bold, statement flower one. I guess I'd model both and see what Ryder thinks tomorrow. I had decided to curl the end of my hair for the occasion and wear natural make up with pink lip gloss. I wore matching high heeled shoes.

Emma had picked out this layered red dress and wore dark make up and let her dark red hair hang loose. I asked her if it was natural and she said yes, her hair was quite amazing. And she of course, wore a statement necklace which was bold and drew your eyes to her. Her shoes were satin red high heels with jewels on the back. She wore some chunky bracelets, while I wore only my silver chain bracelet. My older brother had given this to me before he ran away from home, I guess he'd had enough of our parents too, but I was too young to go with him. I shook the memories away before I started crying. That part of my life was over now.

Lily had picked out this stunning blue dress which had roses on it, she had decided to style her hair up into a bun with jewel clips. She wore no jewellery as her style of dress didn't need it. Her shows had a slight heel and were a deep ocean blue to match her dress as well. Emma had offer to do blue eyeshadow makeup on the day which she had nervously said yes to.

"Oh Lily, I've been meaning to say to you, change your perfume it smells a bit weird." She laughed and nodded.

"I've been meaning to." Emma let us try some of her perfumes, she had a whole self of them! We searched the shelf until we found a scent perfect for Lily, it was a light floral scent mixed with vanilla. It represented her well.

Emma had said we could come here tomorrow and all get dressed together. Me and Lily collected the boys and went home. Our mates dropped us off and said goodnight with lingering kisses.

What an exhausting day, but I couldn't wait for tomorrow!

____________________________________________________________________

The dress in the picture is the one Alexis wears. (That's not what Alexis looks like though, remember she's a brunette).

:)

Daisy x