Point 3.0

The Kin

A backwards flash to many years isn't a long or memorable one either. All of my life from the moment I woke up in the middle of the Outlands blinks by through bits and pieces.

And to be honest, I don't remember much of what I did. I mostly remember the bad. I remember the anarchy, I remember the fear, I remember my strength, I remember my hate, I remember my cynical nature, I remember my idiocy, I remember the water.

And then I don't.

I remember all of these things from the little trinkets and mementos that are preserved in this place. I never thought I'd be back again.

The road to the Corner, the home I have now and had for a while, is the Overhead Tunnel. The tunnels that are just as confusing as the Sewers and hold the type of people that are homeless but fortunate enough not to be confined by the rotten smell of the Sewers.

I push myself off the cot, trying to remember where I put all of my things in case of an emergency. Nothing. I must've had one, but knowing myself I'd rely on my mind to remember, not a note on a food basket or someone to remind me.

But also knowing myself, I should've put it under a safe that I had known to be under my cot. I life the cot to the wall and there appears to be a sort of shaft. I open it, and of course, it's empty.

In addition to also knowing myself, I must've also taken all of my emergency things with me as an out to leave this place. I never thought I'd come back. I never would've. Still, I can't remember all of the details, but I remember some at least.

But, as a gesture of bad will, I left my grand father's gun and gloves on the same frame above the kitchen door. Thanks for dying, Gramps. The barrel's filled with dust, but everything's still operational. It's already loaded, as well, the handgun, so I holster it, putting on those pair of gloves myself.

Why I left? I'm still not entirely sure. Who I left with? My sister and niece. Being the strongest man didn't always pay off, I had many enemies, but not a lot compared to the people who feared me. I didn't care if people feared me or not. Whatever they felt, it gave me strength to know that I was known.

I chuckle, but then an aching pain strikes my head, and I palm my forehead. "Fuck..." I hear myself say, my legs wobble to the ground. I start to see things, the same flashes that I had when I slept.

Another Woman, and a man, but who?

I don't know, exactly, but whoever they are, they must've been important.

I walk down stairs in the corner of the walls. No one knows where this place is, and it's been abandoned for a while now. I know I'm safe because I'm the only one who knows how to get in or out without dying a horrible death or losing my way.

It seems like I haven't had any of my family members here before. I look to the foot of the counter tops, and there lies a broken frame of a seared picture of an also broken, seared family.

If I took all of my things for me to take an out, then I have no choice but to earn that money myself. How? I'll figure it out. There are plenty of people still reminded of the pain from Kin. And who knows, maybe followers of Kin, but they cause plenty of trouble for me, of course, those stupid fucks.

I walk outside, going through the many traps laid out.

So many memories trapped in my head...It's a good thing that they are, too, anyway.

Damn, I'm old.

Fifty-six, huh? Still, I'm doing pretty well for someone who's in their fifties. I doubt I look any older than thirty years old. Just a few wrinkles here and there. Plus, I've always looked intimidating.