Chapter 10

It was the following day after the worm incident when I got on the bus again to sit in my usual lonely seat when I realized that there was one new person sitting down in a seat. I realized this because usually there are two empty seats but now there is only one. Which means since Heath is the last stop he would be forced to sit by me! I cautiously sat down in my seat as the nerve racking butterfly's in my stomach began to flutter at the fact that he would be sitting next to me pretty soon. I got out my book and tried to read but I just couldn't. When the bus slowed down to Heaths stop I quivered. Oh gosh this is actually happening he's going to sit by me! I sat up and acted like I was reading. He walked up the steps and down the aile. I could see out of the corner of my eye him stopping and realizing that there was no where else to sit except beside me. I felt his shadow approach me and I heard the gentle quiet words.

"Could I please sit next to you?"

Oh gosh oh gosh what do I say?!? I looked up to him making eye contact. Sparks flew as I looked into his beautiful brown eyes. Oh-my-god-you are gorgeous... I nodded my head yes shyly and he sat down next to me. The bus started off for are school as we awkwardly sat there. Come on come on think of something to say! I turned my head slightly towards him.

"You were absent yesterday why was that?"

He turned to me very slowly and gave me a weird look. Fudge now he will think I'm like a stalker or something!

"What?" He asked me. "Sorry I didn't hear you."

I breathed out a sigh of relief that he just didn't hear me but to where he wouldn't see it.

"Oh it's ok," I smiled awkwardly. "I asked why were you absent yesterday?"

Dang it Emmi at least try not to sound rude! He looks to the ground and back up to me and hesitates.

"Oh its ok you don't have to tell me if you don't want to I was just wondering." I claimed.

Dang it now your really sounding rude! He did a sort of a side smile and said, "Ok thanks." And looked away.

So this is not awkward.... I thought to myself. He then actually turned back to me and said, "Well... Do you promise you won't tell anyone?"

His eyes peirced into mine. I nodded my head in agreement that I wouldn't tell anyone. He grinned and nodded back at me.

"Ok actually it's kinda embarrising so please don't judge okay?"

I nodded my head again with a smuge smile. "Ok well yesterday-" He began. "-I was getting out of bed when I tripped on a leftover banana peel-yes a banana peel I was hungry in the middle of the night." He laughed at that.

I giggled. "Are you laughing at me?" He joked.

I glanced innocently at him. "Oh no like tripping over a banana peel is not funny." I joked back.

He grinned again but a bit wider this time. "Yeah so I tripped over the banana peel and hit the ground and hit my tooth. It was bleeding so I had to go to the dentist. And that is why I wasn't at school."

I nodded and as soon as I said,"Why didn't you just throw away the banana peel Sherlock?"

The bus got to the school. Yeah I know that was fast because the school is right there! Of course Heath only knew I was joking so he said, "I don't know Emmi wouldn't you be lazy in the middle of the night?"

I blushed as he said my nickname. Goodness we warmed up to each other quickly. The bus doors swung open and we got off the bus and he walked to my locker with me as I told him the worm story.

He just laughed,"Good that snob got what she was asking for."

I grabbed my things out of my locker and closed it. "Don't we have to go to your locker now?"

He shrugged. "Nah my locker is right by the classroom so I'm good. I will just see you inside."

I shrugged back. "Okay sounds good."

I went inside the classroom as he went to his locker. "Now make sure you don't have a maple syrup shower this time ok?" He told me as we departed.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. Oh don't worry nothing will change my mood now. Especially when you are so charming and not so shy anymore!

Hehehehe I'm in love! Jk. But come on this is cute! Anyways vote blah blah blah you know lol. Ok Thanx!