Forty Eight: Conflict

×× Skylar ××

It was another boring day at the boutique that Skylar worked at. Business never was intense in there because of how expensive things were. Usually, people just came to browse then they'd leave. Luckily, today Romeo decided to visit Skylar at work and hear about how the party went and drool over Sky's new ride that she'd been driving for some days.

"I don't like the sound of this Simone bitch. She called you a negro?" Romeo held a sequined top up to her chest as she looked at herself in the well lit mirror near the store counter.

Skylar had given her a quick run-through of how the party started out. Of all the things she'd said, even describing the venue as best as she could, all Romeo heard was '... Simone... white girl... used the N-word...'.

"It was her idea of a joke. She took the 1950s theme to heart for sure." Skylar said from behind the counter.

She had her phone in her hand and was browsing through her Instagram feed to pass the time.

"She should meet me. My idea of a joke is a hot ass whooping. See, I've been saying, Sky, you're too chilled."

"Well, she actually thought I was ghetto."

"She don't know ghetto. You are too nice to people who mistreat you. First Sean, now this twig."

"I just don't like conflict."

"That's why you've got me. I haven't kicked ass since I was in middle school. I got expelled and then found the Lord... but that's not the point."

"What's the point?"

"That I like to whoop ass sometimes and I do it well."

"Wow."

"And this Simone chick needs to know her place. She can't be throwing such words around and talking like she runs things! If she said all of that to me, I would've pulled her hair so hard, I'd have enough to have a track for a weave."

"I did insult her mom." Skylar smiled as she remembered her snappy comeback to what Simone had said to her. "And she does have really good hair."

"All the more reason to make sure she don't grow hair where I pull it out. Then she can stop acting like she's all that."

"She looks like a Barbie doll."

"Would you stop giving the bitch compliments? She hates you!"

"Sorry."

Romeo shook her head and went to look through the rack of clothes again for something else.

"I bet she's mad as hell that you have Justin and she can't have him back." She said. "And she better forget about getting him back because... no, wait..."

"What?" Skylar looked at Romeo.

"I was gonna say, 'she better forget about getting him back because Justin won't be going back to no white chick after you' but then I realised you're still a virgin."

"So?" Skylar was offended.

"All booty will remain the same to Justin until he gets a bit of that black booty. And he hasn't, thanks to you."

Skylar rolled her eyes.

"You know what? Just because you got it on with Xavier already, doesn't mean I need to do the same with Justin." She said.

"Each to their own." Romeo raised her hands. "But he did give you a Mustang. Remember that."

"It's not mine to keep. It's a loan." Skylar pressed. "And I listen to his problems very well so he has no right to ask for anything else."