A Lead

Hello my pretties! Before I start writing, I'd like to say how happy I am to see all the positive feedback I'm receiving for this story as well as my others. I know I've been very negligent author, and I apologize for that. I need to be able to continue updating stories on a regular basis, now that I see that there are people who really enjoy them. That's all I have to say for now, so please enjoy this chapter of the story!

~~~francypance ♡♡♡

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At some point in the night, Ciel must have fallen asleep, because he woke up snugly tucked into his sleeping bag.

Craning his head to the side, Ciel saw Haruhi sitting up in her sleeping bag and looking at him with concern.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, concern etched into her sleep-deprived voice. She must have been up late with Ciel.

"Um... I'm sorry about.. you know," Ciel said sheepishly.

Haruhi tilted her head to the side and gave Ciel a brights smile. "No, it's fine. I was just concerned about you.".

Ciel's cheeks became hot add he looked down bashfully. "Well, thank you."

All the host club members, along with the servants and Undertaker, were awake.

"That was great!" Tamaki proclaimed, deeming the night a success.

"And I collected some pictures for this year's host calander.".

Haruhi rolled her eyes and offered a hand to Ciel. He stood up and rolled up his sleeping bag. It wad a Saturday, so there would be no school.

"Would you and Sebastian like to join us for a shopping trip today, Ciel?"

Before Ciel could open his mouth to answer, Sebastian replied.

"Actually, Ciel and I have a family reunion to attend today. We all do." He said, referring to the servants and Undertaker.

Thus, Sebastian swept his party out of the area and took them to a street just down the hill they were on to hail a taxi.

"What's going on, Sebastian?" Ciel demanded.

"While everyone was asleep last night, I took the liberty to collect clues on our investigation."

"Oh."

The investigation. The one Ciel was supposed to be focusing on.

"Alright, well, tell me what your lead is."

Yes. This is how things should be. He was to solve the case and go back home as soon as possible. This is what he wanted. The future was quite tiring.

This is what he told himself, at least. And yet, the thought of solving the case and going home made something turn in his stomach.

What was wrong with him?