Chapter 2

I felt the tip of something prod my back, dead center before an unfamiliar voice added "Troy... Who is this girl?" I then noticed that the thing that was on my back seemed like a small metal tube. It must be a gun. "Raven.... I'm sorry this is Ora. The Ora. I'm sorry again, I tried recruiting her without your word..." Troy said, suddenly crestfallen, he also looked somewhat embarrassed. "Ah, I see. Sorry for scaring you, Ora." The man whom Troy had called "Raven" said before removing his gun from my back. I sighed, I did not know I was holding my breathe, it felt good to breathe again. "Please forgive me, Raven." Troy said, looking down ward. He looked very feminine in that position. Standing there seeming tucked into himself.

     I turned around to see Raven's reaction to such a situation. Raven was a handsome man with black hair and blueish hazel eyes. He walked past me and towards Troy, embracing the man and saying quietly "I was not angry, Dove, I was worried." Troy merely nodded before looking at me. I was not expecting it, I probably looked surprised in not anything else. "Are you all named after a bird of some sort?" I asked. " Very observant, Troy here is known as Vulture, He is in charge of newbies." Raven said, he seemed to relax quite a bit before leaning into Troy. "Wait... But... You called him Dove?" I asked, I haven't been this confused sense last year's Math Exam. "Only Raven calls me that." Troy said, seeming annoyed at my presence. "I call him dove because, well, you can guess." Raven said, he still was leaning into Vulture. "I noticed." I replied sagely.

   "So uh... Why did ya' bother with me?" I asked. Night was soon to fall and I would sure get hell from mom if I showed up late, I mean, if I got home alive at least. "You and your sister are quite polar aren't you?" Raven asked changing the topic as fast as he appeared. "How do you know her?" I asked. Greta had left almost a year ago to work under Vulcane. She had promised to send write us but her letters had stopped a few months ago. I was kind of happy. I couldn't stand her talking about how that monstrosity of a man is so great. "Ah your sister, Greta... Bitch shot off Sparrow's head with a new contraption." Replied Raven nonchalantly. "Huh. Wouldn't have guessed." I said. I keep checking the time. The sun was already setting. "You seem worried. Is something bugging you?" Vulture asked, Raven removed himself from Troy. "Time. I have to go. Mom'll kill me if I'm late..." I said. Suddenly I heard a shout and before I could react I had fallen over. I watched as Raven grabbed Vulture, pointing at me and then something behind me. Everything hurt, I'm dizzy, the world is slipping. I tried to fight off the sudden urge to sleep but before I knew it, the world grew quiet and disappeared from view.