Chapter 3

"Who are you people?" I heard a voice say. Female. She sounded familiar but I couldn't tell. "She's waking up." Another voice said, male, he sounded familiar too. "Ora, are you alright? Why were you out so late? What happened?" I began to open my eyes. Home. Here I am, lying on my couch. "I'm home?" I asked tentatively. "I'm sorry. It was them, I swear." Another man said, I began to lift my self up, using my legs as leverage as I swung them over so I would sit up. "Vulture? Raven? Mom?" I looked around. Raven had a bandage around his arm, scarlet bled through. Vulture was sitting down next to Raven, Vulture's eye and part of his head was covered by another bloody bandage. I looked at myself, my hoodie was ruined. The Blue clashing with the blood making the hoodie a strange purple. I then felt feeling come back to me. Everything hurt. I had a lot of cuts on my body. Most were covered though.

   "Are you alright?" My mother asked. "Mom? Wait... Raven! What happened?" I asked only remembering him and Troy looking dead afraid. "You got a letter. Your going to disappear." Raven said, he looked dead serious. He handed me the yellow note he claimed to find next to me. "Hello relatives of Ora Menon, We have the deepest regrets to inform you that Ora, will be taken for Hospitalization. Say your farewells. Sincerely, The Society."

    "What?" I asked, I stared at the note, my hands shaking in either fear or anger. I couldn't tell. "She wasn't supposed to read that..." My mother said, playing with her hands. A nervous habit she developed after My father left. "Ms. Menon? Please relax, we have a solution. Trust us." Vulture said in a comforting voice. My mother began to cry before yelling "You expect me to believe that bullshit?" Tony's face fell. "Don't shout at him! Your lucky we brought her to say goodbye for the last time!" Raven said, he looked furious. My mother fell silent before hugging me. "My baby... Why does this happen to you? First your sister. Now you... What will I do?" She said into my shoulder. "I'm sorry mom... I really am..."

  "I'm sorry for shouting, these past years have been... Hard." My mom said. I looked at Raven who looked surprised at the sudden change. "Sorry we should have been more considerate." Troy replied. He seemed to feel guilty too. "Ms. Manon? Is it alright if we give your daughter a chip?" Raven asked. He seemed to have something in mind. "Pardon?" My mother and I said in union. "A chip. It will help her remember things. In The Society's "Hospitals" they wipe your memory and then conduct the changing to the patient. Very few survive that.  After wards your sent to become a super soldiers without basic human feelings." Vulture replied in Raven's place. The other man seemed to be deep in thought. "How do you know this?" Mom asked suspicious of the man's knowledge. "How else? I told him." Raven said, voice a low growl. "What?" I asked. My mom had a look of horror and surprised mix together with a slight sprinkle of sadness. "It's horrid, painful, scaring at least." Raven replied. His face said it all. "They turned me into a monster. I'm lucky, there was a man there who helped me escape. Others weren't so lucky..." Raven drifted off. I felt everything in me shrink in die. I was next.